3DS games Backup?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by huma_dawii, Jan 9, 2017.

1. huma_dawii
    OP

huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Key Largo, Florida
    Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to backup all of my installed games on my 3DS to .cia files directly from the console?

Lets say I have SM3DLand installed and wanted to extract it to .cia so I can backup in case freeShop stops working someday... is that possible?

Thanks/

2. vyp

vyp Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Decrypt9 will do the job.

3. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    boot up decrypt9 / hourglass9 its a bit hard to find but theyre is a title to cia converter just keep going through menus its not that hard to find, also open up fbi and take note of the title id, up and down scroll up and down folders and right enters and left exits a to make the cia. sorry my directions arent fully direct but if you give me a bit i can provide clearer ones

huma_dawii likes this.
  4. huma_dawii
    OP

huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Key Largo, Florida
    Thank you! I think hourglass9 is doing the process with your directios! :D dumping my .cias now!

5. MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    do you have Luma3DS installed if so download hourglass9 and extract the .bin folder to /luma/payloads/ and rename it start_hourglass9.bin now bootup the system while holding start and you should enter hourglass9 from there goto miscellanious -> sysnand title to cia -> wait for it to load then scroll to /title (sould be default if not press up / down to get to it then press right then select the igh id (using up and down scroll to the first half of the title id) then right then do the same for the second half and press a to generate, alternatively you could press a on /title to generate all the titles as cia but youll need twice the sd card space... sorry if its a bit complicates, btw you get the title id high and low from fbi after scrolling throught the title portion and finding th title you wish

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yea it is decrypt9 only seems to work for cartridges