Trophies
XP
Country

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I can't read anywhere that the next version will be the "full" version. They are talking about Animal Crossing/Pokemon support & maybe multirom before christmas. But that could also just be a beta. v2.0b2 :lol:

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I hope they develop a savegame backup feature in the near future. One "easy" way could be to add their save hook in classic mode on demand. E.g. by holding the R-button while closing the game in classic mode => decrypted savegame backup to SD. I don't want to start again on every game :P

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope the GW team could add a launcher selector, like press L and touch DS profile to enter 2.0 and R to boot 1.2.
So we can avoid the freeze issue when we don't need the new launcher.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yesterday evening, I booted a 3DS XL into "emuNAND" (sdNAND, redNAND... whatever you want to call it).
The battery was full. I then closed the lid in the dashboard.
This morning, I woke up by the blinking red light....

Did someone also notice an increased battery drain?

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
As a new owner of the Gateway and a firmware 4.4, is there a good tutorial on how to get the Gateway to work for me?

Also, is there another way to update to 4.5 outside of an original game?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ultimate-noob-tutorial-for-gateway-3ds-2-0b-by-noob.358645/
dont bother going upto 4.5 you dont need it works fine with even 4.1. 4.5 is the max it will work at

I did that with my non-gateway 3ds XL and it still died too, I would think that is normal for a 10 hrs
So I decided to leave my 3DS on all day, in Sleep Mode, from 9 AM to 3 AM. Yes, that is my day.

That's about 18 hours of non-gaming goodness, except I played like 30 minutes of Chrono Trigger but whatever, and the final result was "Oh I guess it still has a full charge."

http://www.giantbomb.com/nintendo-3...egards-to-battery-life-and-sleep-mode-488917/

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I did that with my non-gateway 3ds XL and it still died too, I would think that is normal for a 10 hrs
I always have my other 3DS XLs in sleep mode and the battery lasts much more than the 5 hours my gateway 2.0b1 3DS was in sleep mode until the flashing red LED.
Even wifi was off. My other 3DS have wifi on for streetpass.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I am wondering how multirom support can work? Can they make an homebrew/rom loader?

The gateway card is updateable (not just the Launcher.dat). They will update the card to support fat16/32.
There could be a problem with roms larger than 4GB, they may have to be splitted in .3ds.1 .3ds.2 or something like that.
Maybe they will support other file systems as well. It's their card and the microsd is independent of the 3DS system.

To launch the games, we will probably have to go into in the GW menu and salect the game there. But that's pure speculation on my side, they could even inject some nice key hooks to start the rom loader from anywhere...

Reactions: Saxer and Keylogger

xxMergyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fifth post. xxMergyxx is the posters name.

EDIT: Roughly translated: The guy contacted the gateway team, which has resulted in making this forum the official German support forum. He asked them about the multirom/NAND save update and they answered that the relase would be before christmas.

Yeah, we are the official german support forum now :)
But we have to fill it with lots of threads and tutorials, but i think we will do just fine.

I will also get some Beta Updates to test them, but i need the verification for this.

Hopefully they will stable their launcher.dat and with make them features much better!
And also hello to you all @ gbatemp^^

Reactions: Queno138

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Is it possible to back up the 6.3 EmuNAND on your computer?

Yes. An easy way is to use the win32diskimager which you already use to write the roms to the micro sd.
Just make an image of the complete 3DS SD. Of course this method is slow on large cards, but its an easy backup :P
The Fat32 partition will also be backed up, so remember to copy the files on the SD to a secure location if you want to write an old backup back to the SD.

An other way is to use a hex editor to extract the first GB of the SD. Not noob friendly :)

I think I will upload a self written tool in the next 2-3 days which can extract/backup the emuNand and write other NAND backups to the SD.
I wrote a similar SD tool for organizing roms, writing them to the SD and also view which game is on the SD.
But that was just intended for myself and fugly... And hopefully soon worthless with multirom :)

Reactions: Cyan

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So as I mentioned a few pages back, I had decided to order a Gateway 3DS from a particular officially listed reseller, and they tried to convince me to buy another card.
After I declined this and paid for a Gateway, they refused to send me the card and told me I could either get a 3DS Link instead or they would refund me.
I chose to get it refunded, but it might be a while before I actually get my money back. The site in question is now no longer listed as an official reseller. Ugh.

I'd been hoping to be able to use my card on a 17 hour flight on the 12th -_-

PS: The site 'flashcard.es' is still listed as an official reseller for Italy. Not sure why, but I'd avoid them if you're looking to get a Gateway in particular.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'd been hoping to be able to use my card on a 17 hour flight on the 12th -_-
I ordered from power-up.nl, mainly because of my friendly local custom office...
If your country flag is correct, this could be an option to get it fast :)

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ordered from power-up.nl, mainly because of my friendly local custom office...
If your country flag is correct, this could be an option to get it fast :)

I looked into them first and found out they just reroute your order to Asia, and it takes 1 - 3 weeks to receive your order. Given that it's already 6 PM on the 4th, I'd get mine on the 12th at the earliest, and I leave before packages are delivered. :( I think I'm out of luck for now.

LolGuyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes. An easy way is to use the win32diskimager which you already use to write the roms to the micro sd.
Just make an image of the complete 3DS SD. Of course this method is slow on large cards, but its an easy backup :P
The Fat32 partition will also be backed up, so remember to copy the files on the SD to a secure location if you want to write an old backup back to the SD.

An other way is to use a hex editor to extract the first GB of the SD. Not noob friendly :)

I think I will upload a self written tool in the next 2-3 days which can extract/backup the emuNand and write other NAND backups to the SD.
I wrote a similar SD tool for organizing roms, writing them to the SD and also view which game is on the SD.
But that was just intended for myself and fugly... And hopefully soon worthless with multirom :)

I guess the ''Read'' function is the win32diskimager will make my backup right?
Can I just use that backup using the ''write'' function again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof