3DS firmware update

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by leeday100196, Apr 17, 2011.

Apr 17, 2011

3DS firmware update by leeday100196 at 10:05 AM (13,601 Views / 0 Likes) 103 replies

1. leeday100196
    OP

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernape™

Australia
    Hey guys, leeday again.
    What do you guys think about the next firmware update? We know that it opens up a few more features on our shiny new consoles, such as the Internet Browser, and the System Transfer service. However, there is the possibility to brick some of our flashcarts, though no-one knows if it actually will or not. So my question to you is: what do you like/dislike about this update, and are you gonna download it straight away?

2. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    I'll download it right away because i want the eShop...If i want to use my flash cart to play DS games ill play them on my DSi, so not really worried about anti piracy measures. Although i know it probably wont happen in the same update as eshop/browser, I want Nintendo to add more features to the friend list like being able to message online friends.

3. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Of course I won't download straight away. That's what I have all these naive Temper testers for [​IMG]

I just want to get a hold of that browser and see what it's like at the moment. I don't even know if anything else interesting (besides the shop or whatever) will be released but the Netflix update is coming some time later, I think, so that's another I'm looking forward to....
    I can't really like or dislike anything since it hasn't really happened yet.

4. leeday100196
    OP

Australia
    I like the message idea. I don't think Ninty as a group are smart enough (or worldly enough) to add such a feature to their console though... But you're one up on me in the sense that at least you have a backup console to play your pirated games on (I have the old DS but it's absolute crap).

5. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    With the update, can we install our games already? I want that.
    Right now im playing some of the new psp games to pass the time.

6. leeday100196
    OP

Australia
    I'm pretty sure we CAN'T manage or play our DSi games yet, but time will tell as to whether we can load/play them from an SD card... Cuz if we can, I'll do just that.

7. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Well Nintendo added the message feature on the Wii, so I don't see why they can't on the 3DS in a future update. I'm sure they will get enough complaints about their current useless friend list. What good is it to see when your friends are online or what they're playing if you cant message them to say "Hey let's play Street Fighter" or any other game for that matter. What's wrong with the original DS? still plays the games just as good as any other DS.

8. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I won't download straightaway. But I'm very curious to know about the browser performance (whether it will be as laggy as the opera browser on the DSi or not) [​IMG]

As for flashcart issue, if you use an acekard, dstwo or any other capable card company, I'm sure it'll be no problem. You still have your AR games, Internet browser and possibly 3DS games to be entertained with anyway [​IMG]

9. Mondegreen

Newcomer Mondegreen Advanced Member

Australia
    Hey when does it come out? I'll download it straight away and I don't have to worry about flashcarts 'cause I'm not a pirate like that... Looking forward to the system transfer so I can get Flipnote off my friend's XL (he never plays it).

10. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Same here I'll update as soon as it's out (or I'll wait just a little to see if there is no update issue).

11. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Just one question, how do you transfer flipnote? Via SD card? I'm not very sure about this system transfer thingy so sorry if I sound so dumb [​IMG]

12. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I will be downloading the update ASAP if the DSiWare transfer is up and they get VC up. I'll be buying SML and LoZ:LA DX day one. :-D

@chris888222 DsiWare titles will be transfered via wifi using the System Transfer app which should be coming out with the May update. Double-check the 3DS manual for info

13. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    Can someone link me what's in the firmwire update? I have no clue what to google up lol =.= or at least show the changelog or something. It be much appreciated!

14. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
  15. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I read somewhere it will be released next week.

How true this is we will have to see.

I don't like the fact Nintendo is holding back features at the moment.

Flash carts that are currently working should still work with the next update as Nintendo are struggling with disabling them without blocking genuine games [​IMG]

16. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Nintendo officially declared that it'll come out in May................

17. TwoBladedKnight

Member TwoBladedKnight GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    All I want is a friend system where if someone adds you it sends you a message to confirm or deny friendship and the ability to message them...

18. anjelchyld

Newcomer anjelchyld Member

Australia
    +1

19. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    What would I like? Do I really need to say this anymore? I would like to see it block the flashcards myself

What do I not like? Honestly if didn't block the flashcards.

Of course I will update automatically if I do get my 3DS by then.

20. ShadowSonic2

Newcomer ShadowSonic2 Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    My 3DS comes in tonight. Looking forward for the Internet Browser and eShop in the next update but wouldn't update as soon as the update is out. Don't really care about the flashcart getting blocked, but more concerned if there'll be any issues with the update bricking consoles. If no issues, then I'll update.