Homebrew Question 3ds emulation working on retroarch?

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The person I quoted was wrong about the CPU architectures of the 3ds and I was just correcting them.

But anyways, I think it may be possible, but I can’t really say for sure whether I think its possible or not until there’s a 3ds dynarec for aarch64 (without a dynarec 3ds games run at about half speed in lakka iirc)
Hum interesting, I didn't test 3ds on lakka, so I didn't know it was so close as half speed, it runs like GC then. I'm gonna try.

Reactions: Knash

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds has arm 11 and arm 9 not 7 and 9
Sorry to go back so far in the thread but even this is wrong. The 3DS has an ARM11, ARM9 and ARM7. ARM11 for the main stuff, ARM9 for security and DS backwards compat and ARM7 for the many DS games that need it + native GBA backwards compat.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to go back so far in the thread but even this is wrong. The 3DS has an ARM11, ARM9 and ARM7. ARM11 for the main stuff, ARM9 for security and DS backwards compat and ARM7 for the many DS games that need it + native GBA backwards compat.
Please link to a website that confirms it cause I have checked the specs on numerous websites and not one mentions the 3ds having arm 7. For emample http://lioncash.github.io/ARMBook/about_the_3ds.html

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones