3DS digital direction pad sticking

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ferret7463, Dec 15, 2011.

Dec 15, 2011
  1. ferret7463
    OP

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Okay last night my 3DS directional pad started sticking sending all of my characters in game to the "Left" and it even did it on the main menu.The pad did not seem to physically stick down but it acted like something was "Crossing" the connectors.I keep and transport my 3DS in a protective sleeve, so dirt should not have gotten down into it. I think I fixed it by popping out the cartridge and blowing as hard as i could down through the system.
    I am just curious if anybody else had this problem?

2. 310301288

Newcomer 310301288 Advanced Member

Canada
    if the problem continues jus call Nintendo and send the 3DS back for repairs. since u got warranty you can extend it by registering your product at club Nintendo...i think you should do this jus for precaution measures.

3. I am dark link

Newcomer I am dark link Member

United Kingdom
    Have you tried re calibrating the circle pad on the system settings.
    This may help but, i would get it checked out aswell.

Dark link

4. ferret7463
    OP

United States
    well it's not the circle pad. It's the + pad . I don't like analog. I am sending it in today. :cry: This is sad i can still use any of my gameboys from 1990 up to the DS phat. I got my 3DS on day one .(Preordered even)I hope this is not a prelude for things to come from Nintendo. :sad:

5. ferret7463
    OP

United States
    Wow... just got my system back from Nintendo, They had to replace the "Main PCB" :blink: . Right after i made this topic, my 3DS started making a black error screen in about 30 seconds after i would turn it on.