Hacking 3DS decapping fundraising topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason for the public to see an image. He would of course share information obtained from the decapping, information he could only get from the decapping. Why do you people need an image of anything?

I was under the impression that decapping gives you an image of the diffrent layers and all there is to share from decapping is the image of the chips layers?

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that decapping gives you an image of the diffrent layers and all there is to share from decapping is the image of the chips layers?
It gives numerous x-ray images. The images themselves would be useless to the public. The information the decapping company obtains from this process is what's important.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks "dad" for showing your character here. Are you in on the "take" for this money also? Taking money and not delivering should not be questioned? You will be ripped off, or at least not have delivery on something you pay for, and you will be judged as you are (attempting) to judge.

Agreed. I would have to say that most poeple on this site are not brats however the few that are make it look like that at times. It really depends which section/thread you are in though.

Anyway I wonder how long til this project starts going. Imho there's probably software mechanisms in the device that aren't going to be detected by a decap.

D

Deleted-188346

I like how he states "we're considering giving contributors a copy of the images produced as thanks". Oh, how generous. You're considering giving the people that funded the project the results of what they funded? Why wouldn't you? Is it to avoid letting Nintendo knowing what they already know about the system that they themselves built?

I also laughed at the manually updated donation page. Sketchy.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I like how he states "we're considering giving contributors a copy of the images produced as thanks". Oh, how generous. You're considering giving the people that funded the project the results of what they funded? Why wouldn't you? Is it to avoid letting Nintendo knowing what they already know about the system that they themselves built?

I also laughed at the manually updated donation page. Sketchy.
Don't expect it to ever get to $2300 unless Jl12 gets enough for his vacation. :P

lightenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I like how he states "we're considering giving contributors a copy of the images produced as thanks". Oh, how generous. You're considering giving the people that funded the project the results of what they funded? [..]
This firendly fellow pointed out:
It gives numerous x-ray images. The images themselves would be useless to the public. The information the decapping company obtains from this process is what's important.
which is a bit unexplaining/inaccurate. They probably do smth like nanoprobing:

Hence images alone - if the important information isn't mainly stored in masked ROMs - won't help much. Even if it is stored in masked ROMs, those extracting from images is very tiresome.

By the way, I also think that expectations of the donors are that *every* information obtained by the process is made available to the public such that the 'greater goal' of opening up the 3ds is achieved faster.

D

Deleted-188346

Hence images alone - if the important information isn't mainly stored in masked ROMs - won't help much. Even if it is stored in masked ROMs, those extracting from images is very tiresome.

Sending the images to donators would at least give him some credibility. I don't care if the images themselves are useful or not, nobody should be comfortable with supporting a guy that has given no solid evidence that he's actually doing anything with this money aside from hoarding it.

I mean, what has he given? The name of a laboratory group and a job ID? What use is the job ID if you can't search for it?

Right now, all that he's promised is that he's going to take donations and then, when the donation goal has been met (or, when he manually allows it to be met), he will possibly say some stuff. Whether he's actually done anything with the money is up in the air.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too worried about it, I just donated $5 when this whole thing started. If something good comes from it ,great but, if not, then i'm not out of much.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sending the images to donators would at least give him some credibility. I don't care if the images themselves are useful or not, nobody should be comfortable with supporting a guy that has given no solid evidence that he's actually doing anything with this money aside from hoarding it.

I mean, what has he given? The name of a laboratory group and a job ID? What use is the job ID if you can't search for it?

Right now, all that he's promised is that he's going to take donations and then, when the donation goal has been met (or, when he manually allows it to be met), he will possibly say some stuff. Whether he's actually done anything with the money is up in the air.
He is a very respectable member of the community, your assumptions are rude and ignorant. Let me guess, like everyone else complaining and slandering an innocent person, you didn't even donate?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
He is a very respectable member of the community, your assumptions are rude and ignorant.
I never heard of him until this, and I haven't heard of him outside this drive.

Let me guess, like everyone else complaining and slandering an innocent person, you didn't even donate?
The amount was reached and we heard nothing for like two weeks, then we suddenly hear that more money is needed.

As somebody who donated, I can't help but be a bit concerned at the lack of communication. As the person who's handling this, he has a responsibility to keep people informed of the progress within a reasonable timeframe.

D

Deleted-188346

He is a very respectable member of the community.
I've never heard of him, and he certainly doesn't have much of a presence here.

Let me guess, like everyone else complaining and slandering an innocent person, you didn't even donate?
You would be correct. Why would I donate to something that I believe to likely be a scam? Do I need to donate to a possible scam before I can criticize it?

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
He is a very respectable member of the community, your assumptions are rude and ignorant. Let me guess, like everyone else complaining and slandering an innocent person, you didn't even donate?
Well haven't got his reply during weeks about his paypal access.
I'm afraid i may not be donating in time. So don't count on me on such a thing.
I heard that is awful to teach noobs. However i got more
- when i did make exercise for them (all in my friends group)
- very few of those have ever opened it so yeah neither tried it.
Even myself is another noob now, that's quite disapointing.
Rydian you're right. lack of communication is quite a problem

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
For those of you who donated larger amounts of money/care about your donation - and if it is possible - I would recommend contacting your bank and seeing if it is within the time frame that you would be able to retract your money. It's worth a shot. I believe most of us have lost faith in this project.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't personally, I'm just explaining that it's fine to have concerns at this point.

Yeah, at least its good to here some sort of proof legitimacy from 3dsguy. We really just have to wait though, despite the eagerness for this to be done.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't anyone try to run a microscopic 3D MRI on this thing? That would give is a detailed 3D image of the chip AND it's innards, not just 2D layer scans. Probably a lot cheaper, too.

Reactions: Tattorack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 5GB for one episode
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol I can watch it free
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, from the shows website?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it +1