Homebrew 3ds crash after boot

Sen_714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
(SOLVED!!!) Hi, I get this screen just after booting. Please help me. I'm using B9S and luma cfw. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1546783598481362991399.jpg
    1546783598481362991399.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 548
Last edited by Sen_714,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Most likely you messed with something you shouldn't, as it looks like a corrupted/deleted menu title, meaning you messed with stuff in your CTR-NAND... However, if what you are saying is the truth, try booting without SD card and also test it for errors. Other thing I can think of is taking out the battery and putting it back.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try disabling arm11 exception handler, see if that help. As for the that process stated in current process it is pointing to home menu, perhap it does have to do with you going to the home menu mid game.

Sen_714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Most likely you messed with something you shouldn't, as it looks like a corrupted/deleted menu title, meaning you messed with stuff in your CTR-NAND... However, if what you are saying is the truth, try booting without SD card and also test it for errors. Other thing I can think of is taking out the battery and putting it back.

I'll try that right now

Sen_714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You can try disabling arm11 exception handler, see if that help. As for the that process stated in current process it is pointing to home menu, perhap it does have to do with you going to the home menu mid game.

I've already tried disabling that. When I do, it doesn't show the crash alert, the screen just stays black

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I remove the sd card, it boots normally, only my downloaded games aren't there obviously. I guess I'm sorta rwlierel

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Seems same Issue as this:https://gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds-an-exception-has-occurred-pls-help.518979/
If you have not solved it yet try answers there

Ha yes! Before I played smash Bros, I downloaded a bunch of themes with anemone

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already tried disabling that. When I do, it doesn't show the crash alert, the screen just stays black

You can try updating though recovery mode if you aren't on latest firmware. Sorry to say, I think you probably messed up your nand, probably gotta restore your nand or do a CTR transfer if you don't have any nand backup.

Sen_714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You can try updating though recovery mode if you aren't on latest firmware. Sorry to say, I think you probably messed up your nand, probably gotta restore your nand or do a CTR transfer if you don't have any nand backup.

Mhhh I'm not sure but I think I made a backup because I followed the tutorial on 3dshacks and it said to go on godmode 9 and do some stuff..

Sen_714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi, I get this screen just after booting. Please help me. I'm using B9S and luma cfw. Thanks.

Solved!!!! Thanks so much @Skirlez !!! The thread you suggest to me had the answers, thanks for saving me.

The problem resides in the themes I've downloaded with anemone, which is quite worrying!! These are the steps I took to solve this problem:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190106-144417.png
    Screenshot_20190106-144417.png
    53 KB · Views: 390
  • Screenshot_20190106-144420.png
    Screenshot_20190106-144420.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 371

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Solved!!!! Thanks so much @Skirlez !!! The thread you suggest to me had the answers, thanks for saving me.

The problem resides in the themes I've downloaded with anemone, which is quite worrying!! These are the steps I took to solve this problem:
Good. At the point where you said it worked without SD, a NAND corruption was unlikely.

Just my two cents:
  • Disabling the ARM11 exception handlers sadly does not disable the exceptions.
  • Don't simply restore an old NAND-backup if you do not absolutely need to. This also resets your tickets/installed games to the point of the backup creation. (Therefore make a new NAND-backup from time to time.)

Sen_714

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Good. At the point where you said it worked without SD, a NAND corruption was unlikely.

Just my two cents:
  • Disabling the ARM11 exception handlers sadly does not disable the exceptions.
  • Don't simply restore an old NAND-backup if you do not absolutely need to. This also resets your tickets/installed games to the point of the backup creation. (Therefore make a new NAND-backup from time to time.)

Riiighht thanks so much! Yeah, I better make a new band backup since the last (and first!) time I've done it was in October lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill