3DS controls keep going down on start menu

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by coopershels, Oct 31, 2014.

1. coopershels
    OP

coopershels Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    I have a 3DS and as said above at the start menu the selector keeps going down . I have tried disconnecting the circle pad but it still happens. When I play 3DS games everything is fine but it's when I try to play NDS games that the real problem arises, in these games there is a constant down movement as there is in the R4i menu.

Because of this I have come to the conclusion that the problem is the other movement pad, I want to disable the down on this pad but i don't know how. I cut out the part on the mother board for down but it still happens, I don't know how much I can cut out without doing damage or if I should cut any more out at all.

Is there a way to disable this or has anyone any better ideas.......

Thanks.

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    So you tried cutting both d-pad down and circle pad down and it still happened? Hmm... can you try using a legit NDS cartridge and see if it still happens? Shot in the dark, but who knows.

3. coopershels
    OP

coopershels Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    Thanks.

I disconnected the circle pad, what do you mean by cut down the D pad.I cut a hole in the mother board where the down is.

4. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension

you WHAT?

TimKatheteStadle and Mylink5 like this.
  5. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    This should be in Homebrew Development as it sounds like an advanced hardcore user modification of the console.

6. coopershels
    OP

coopershels Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    Thanks, Is there something I can do? Not sure what you mean, only an Amateur!!!

7. coopershels
    OP

coopershels Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2014
    It's an old 3ds that has been replaced because it had a few issues.I have solved the others and it can be used for 3ds games no problem. Nobody seems to know how to fix this so i decided to give it a shot because the down on the d pad won't be needed most of the time.