• Start date
  • Views 413,114
  • Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I download this one and instal the cia on my 3DS. I put the .ini file from the 3DS folder with my PC's IP on the root of my sd card (I didn't change the one from the PC folder).
I open the .exe and launch the homebrew on my 3DS and it is connected. Then I open an emulator to change the controls and it doesn't work :/ but in a text editor or the notepad, the keys are working, even if not like it should (down give right, left is up ~~~~)
Try run the vjoy config (search vjoy in your start menu, is the easiest way) and see if it's set up to have the axes/buttons you're trying to use? Also make sure you spelled them properly (case sensitive!)
The other possibility is, make sure your emulator/etc can actually take input from a joystick. Maybe test on something else?

Oh wait, you didn't edit the PC's ini file? You need to configure it to use vjoy, i dont think it does by default.

Last edited by ~Poke~,

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone test this or have set it up on the new 5.0 dolphin emulator?
I mainly used it to fuck around but it works perfectly fine in-game and during mapping.

Played a bit of Melee and there is some input delay (no surprise) but it shouldn't completely destroy your ability to tech and all that nonsense

Mugen2x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try run the vjoy config (search vjoy in your start menu, is the easiest way) and see if it's set up to have the axes/buttons you're trying to use? Also make sure you spelled them properly (case sensitive!)
The other possibility is, make sure your emulator/etc can actually take input from a joystick. Maybe test on something else?

Oh wait, you didn't edit the PC's ini file? You need to configure it to use vjoy, i dont think it does by default.
Hey poke, There's a friend who is having problems with the extra buttons of the New 3ds ZL ZR C-stick , He's using the 0.7.2 cia version

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I never figured out the cia building myself, so I don't really know if my cia versions even worked, and I'm pretty sure they didn't use zl/c-stick/etc.
Some people provided their own builds somewhere in the thread, or you could just use the 3dsx.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Yeah, I never figured out the cia building myself, so I don't really know if my cia versions even worked, and I'm pretty sure they didn't use zl/c-stick/etc.
Some people provided their own builds somewhere in the thread, or you could just use the 3dsx.
I was on about CTurts build. Your .cia works perfect. I have no issues with it! All n3DS buttons work fine :) :yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question, Could you please in I believe "main.c?", Change the config files path from root/3DSController.ini to "sd:/3ds/data/3DSController/config.ini" <- Exactly like that please? It's a new homebrew path style that some devs are adapting to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whenever I try to compile from the source using "make" I get a bunch of errors:
http://hastebin.com/yehemufola.vhdl

Reactions: ~Poke~

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In dolphin 5.0, when configuring controls theres an option to go from keyboard mouse to vjoy, when I select keyboard mouse the buttons work perfectly but the circle pad doesnt work. when I select vjoy the circle pad works perfectly, but the buttons dont work. What do I do to have both the joystick and buttons works at the same time?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is the source completely broken?

Try compiling this
https://github.com/joel16/3DSController

I forked his project, and updated it to support the latest version of libctru. I also got rid of warnings, because I hate seeing them.
I sent you a pull request @CTurt. It fixes build issues when using the latest revision of libctru.

OldGlass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. I'm so confused. Can someone help me please?
What do I do in vJoy? How do I configure the circle pad and c stick to it?
Does vJoy work for PCSX2?

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait nvm I got it, lol I hate when I found out how to do something as soon as I ask for help :rofl2:

How did you do ? Keyboard don't even work for me only pads are working...

edit: nvm i found out..., replace keyboard letter by JOYX where X is a number (1 up to 15)
And if you use 360CE you can turn a 3DS into a 360 controller, finally...

Last edited by ChrisN8,

pipe01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whener I open 3DS Controller (without having 3DSController.ini) and I exit it by pressing Select + Start, it goes back to the main menu. The interesting part is that the screens' backlights aren't on, while the screens itselves are, which leads to what happens in the video. Also, the effect remains when I open any apps, even the homebrew launcher. It can be solved by moving the 3D slider.

Here's the video:

I think it's what someone referred as a black screen, but it isn't exactly black.

Last edited by pipe01,

crissyfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whener I open 3DS Controller (without having 3DSController.ini) and I exit it by pressing Select + Start, it goes back to the main menu. The interesting part is that the screens' backlights aren't on, while the screens itselves are, which leads to what happens in the video. Also, the effect remains when I open any apps, even the homebrew launcher. It can be solved by moving the 3D slider.

Here's the video:

I think it's what someone referred as a black screen, but it isn't exactly black.

i have been just using start and select to exit the app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o