• Views 411,319
  • Replies 1,197
  • Likes 104

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS Controller is a 3DS homebrew application which allows you to use your 3DS as a wireless controller for Windows.

As of version 0.6 it supports:

- All of the standard buttons on the 3DS,
- The additional shoulder buttons of the New 3DS,
- The circle pad, New 3DS control stick, and touch screen can be used to move the mouse or control a joystick,
- Using the touch screen as a keyboard (press L, R, and X to toggle),
- Custom key bindings by editing the PC's 3DSController.ini (buttons can be mapped to either keyboard keys or joypad buttons),
- Custom port - make sure the port in PC's 3DSController.ini and 3DS's 3DSController.ini match,
- Controllable throttling amount,

To do:

- Support for the circle pad pro,
- Screen streaming from PC to 3DS,

Download here (source code also available).

Instructions of how to use this are included in the README file.

Videos:

Last edited by CTurt,

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It could be better if circle pad was mouse, left and right d-pad for mouse click, up and down d-pad for scroll and the touch screen for key board.
The current release is designed mostly for gaming, so that's why the the controls are the way they are. I realise that if you want an experience more like Win2DS where you can use the DS more for general navigation and typing then 3DS Controller's current setup won't really suit you. I am working on custom controls and I will make sure that this will be possible.

superspence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyway to tell if the PC and 3DS are connected to eachother? I think I have it all set up properly but the buttons dont do anything, thanks!

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to tell if the PC and 3DS are connected to eachother? I think I have it all set up properly but the buttons dont do anything, thanks!
Have you made sure that you are doing everything in the trouble shooting section?

• Make sure your 3DS has internet access and is on the same network as your PC,
  • Make sure that the 3DSController.ini is in the root of your 3DS's SD card,
  • Make sure that the 3DSController.ini has the local IP of your computer, not your public IP,
  • Make sure your firewall isn't blocking the application,

Additionally, if anyone else gets this working, please can you make a video and I'll put it on the GitHub page.

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I am extremely interested in this. Sadly like superspence I haven't been able to get this to work

My 3ds settings:
  • Connected to the same network
  • 3DSController.ini placed on the root of my SD card containing 192.168.1.20 (my static internal IP address)
  • The cia and .3ds file of controller
My PC settings:
  • Running 3dscontroller.exe as admin
  • Allowed to it through the firewall
  • Installed vjoy
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
3ds successfully gets to black screen

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wow a really nice one!
I am curious so say can I technically use this as controller:lol: to play DS games on emulator?

superspence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am extremely interested in this. Sadly like superspence I haven't been able to get this to work

My 3ds settings:
  • Connected to the same network
  • 3DSController.ini placed on the root of my SD card containing 192.168.1.20 (my static internal IP address)
  • The cia and .3ds file of controller
My PC settings:

• Running 3dscontroller.exe as admin
  • Allowed to it through the firewall
  • Installed vjoy
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
3ds successfully gets to black screen
So my setup is exactly the same except Windows 8 and a different IP. YoshiInAVoid said that they would be putting a debug code into the next version, so I'd say just wait for that and try when it's released. That's what I'm doing, anyway.

CTurt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been testing on a Windows 7 laptop without anything else running, and I've tried 2 different networks. It's worked fine for me every time, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

This uses port 8888 (will be changeable in next version). I don't know if anything else uses this, but if it isn't working for you, try closing all internety programs like Steam, Skype, etc.

I will be adding more debug code, in the next version, so rather than just a black screen it will say "Initing WiFi", "Reading IP", "Connecting...", and so you can see exactly where the program gets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs