3DS Circle Pad

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I had no idea those things needed a triple A to run. Wow, they need to get a new revision with the 2nd pad built in out there sooner than later, because that is terrible.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a complete and utter joke I can't believe that anyone is accepting this failure of a design.
Just give me a full console redesign not some pos ugly add on that just shows you failed in the first place.
I agree... except for the console redesign.

They f*cked up bad, and fanboys just go along with whatever Nintendo says. Normally I support them, but I don't see how any one could support the add-on.

They messed up from the start, and this "fix" is just making it worse.

Also, I still don't understand how it's optional... it adds and analog stick and two trigger buttons. I would think either a game would support the add-on, or it wouldn't. I don't understand how they are making games have the option for using it.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
First off it's atrocious! They should have made the 3DS dual analog(circle pad) in the first place. With this addon though they could have designed it to wrap around the front, near the buttons and it wouldn't look so bad, but then you wouldn't be able to close the screen unless you took it off. I think that the second pad will probably only be used for a few select games and a majority of games will only use a single pad, at least until they release a redesign of the system.

You do know it requires the full depth of the unit to incorporate one of those slidepads, right? Now think of that with the idea of having the addon stick that over the assumed spot you suggest. That is what I would call atrocious in comparison to the design they have now, as well as more liable to break.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a complete and utter joke I can't believe that anyone is accepting this failure of a design.
Just give me a full console redesign not some pos ugly add on that just shows you failed in the first place.
I agree... except for the console redesign.

They f*cked up bad, and fanboys just go along with whatever Nintendo says. Normally I support them, but I don't see how any one could support the add-on.

They messed up from the start, and this "fix" is just making it worse.

Also, I still don't understand how it's optional... it adds and analog stick and two trigger buttons. I would think either a game would support the add-on, or it wouldn't. I don't understand how they are making games have the option for using it.

Somehow they managed to make it optional...

for Monster Hunter, the touch screen contains an extra d-pad which can be substituted with the additional circle pad addon. They allow the customization of the touch screen, for example you can replace the touch screen d-pad with a map or quick item use tab.

for Resident Evil: Revelation, they have 2 control schemes...the control scheme without the circle pad addon is almost the same as the control scheme for Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D...

keitaro0516

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the reasons I haven't ordered a Zelda Black/Gold 3DS.. If this becomes a near necessary add-on, the console becomes quite a bit.. Meh. Well at least it's better than completely leaving it out.

-Qtis

oh shoot... i was thinking the same.. the bad thing is that i DID buy it xDD so yeh... im screwed....

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
1. Free is the only way I would get one of thess.
2. Nintendo didn't mess up at all, Like I have said, many times, this addon is in no way an admission of any design flaw. It was mad for a specific couple of games, just like all the other half arsed contraptions that were released for the DS (slids/guitar hero/spinner controller etc.) I didn't see 50+ threads about how Nintendo were admitting design failures with the guitar hero grip - "Nintendo failed, the DS should have had 4 extra buttons from the start!!!111" You design game controls around the system it will be played on, you don't design the system around a couple of games that may or may not be released in the future.
3. A redesign of the 3DS at this stage would piss off about 2.3 million 3DS owners, you wouldn't want that now, would you?

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything I see something like this, it just makes me glad I didn't get a 3DS. Nintendo knows they goofed up with only 1 analog stick, now they're desperately trying to cover up their mistakes..

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This console needs:

a 2nd 3D screen where the touch screen is

:D *opens pandora's box in this thread*

Also this addon is UGLY. I like my system the way it is.

I find it interesting how nobody sees that it looks like a black cafeteria tray under the 3DS as I stated earlier.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't see why so much people are against it.
It looks comfortable.
Imagine a revision which would have the second stick below the ABXY, which would be less comfortable than next to the ABXY.
Oh and the 2 extra L and R buttons.
These are below which make it more comfortable, but a revision would have them next to the original L and R which wouldn't be as nice.
Oh and the extra thickness, for those who love the DSiXL.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't see why so much people are against it.
It looks comfortable.
Imagine a revision which would have the second stick below the ABXY, which would be less comfortable than next to the ABXY.
Oh and the 2 extra L and R buttons.
These are below which make it more comfortable, but a revision would have them next to the original L and R which wouldn't be as nice.
Oh and the extra thickness, for those who love the DSiXL.
Because it makes the system un-portable and making the 3DS look even more like an imcomplete product, that's why.

But yeah, agree with the rest.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Everything I see something like this, it just makes me glad I didn't get a 3DS. Nintendo knows they goofed up with only 1 analog stick, now they're desperately trying to cover up their mistakes..
It's an addon for a third part game, Nintendo are not trying to make up for anything, it's exactly like the guitar hero grip or the taito spinner, Why do you sony fanboys not see that? Seriously, if an addon for a game was inevitably going to lead to a hardware revision, why did the DSi not have four extra coloured buttons, an optical mouse and a spinner build in? I really am starting to think you lot are a bunch of complete idiots. (no offence to any of you who can actually see sense in this matter).

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this again? really?

god people, get a grip, yes, many many games will now incorporate optional support for the second pad cause for obvious reasons, it will make camera controls somewhat better.
then again, with it being optional (with so far ONLY the monster hunter port, the game that first brought this thing up to begin with, being an exception) who the fuck cares?
incomplete design my ass

anyone have the measures of this addon in comparison to the vita btw?

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Silly question on this but ...... Is this circle pad actually made by Nintendo or just approved by Nintendo. In other words was the Idea made by the guys who are making Monster hunter? I say this because it seems there is no use for it in any "NINTENDO" game out so far.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this bundle comes to America. I'm not too psyched about the ugly add on but the 3DS itself is already ugly so it'll match :P I wouldn't mind having it just in case I need it for a game and I plan on getting RE: Revelations so this would be convenient.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it for Kingdom Hearts and FPS's.

I see 1 problem :D

- I hope that the bundle comes in different colors!
I like to have the same color as my 3DS :)
So i beter state my color with my pre-order of this game then.
I don't think it needs to, too much. The aqua blue and the pink would look stupid with this, but the Black and Red would look nice. Shoulda got a more legit color 3DS. Your fault not Nintendo's. /troll

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ