Hardware 3DS Charging light on, Battery not charging.

vastrolorde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not really An expert on 3DS Hardware problems, what happens is one of my friends old 3ds, Is not charging the battery, battery is good, already replaced the battery, Fuses are good as well., but im having this weird issue, that the charging indicator lights up, but the battery is not charging.battery level still the same, after placing for a few hours of charging.. my guess is that there is a problem from the fuse going to the battery terminals. which i dont get any value after testing it with v multimeter, with charger plugged in. Im just wondering if somebody already have experienced this problem with their 3ds, and was able to fix it. cheers

Thanks in advance.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • What is your friend's exact 3DS model? [Old / New] [2DS / 3DS] [non XL / XL]
  • How did you verify that the new battery takes a charge? Did you drain it empty and charge the battery on a different system?
  • Did you disassembly the 3DS when inspecting those fuses and determining they were good with a multimeter?
  • Have you tried a different AC charger adapter to check if that's not the problem?
With the 3DS connected to a charger, take a voltage reading at the battery pins (naturally without the battery in place). On my new N3DSXL for example, you should be getting a reading of around 0.7 V (small but not insignificant). What value did you get?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol