Hacking 3ds CFW Erased ExtData folder, now everything is gone

PKMWM1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was hoping that someone could help me. I was playing Pokemon Black 2 when I saved the game, exported the save to my SD Card using TWL save Manager, I edited the save but when I inserted the SD card back into my 3ds and turned it on, I kept getting the Data abort crash on startup

After looking on several forums, I saw many people saying to erase the 8f extdata folder from the SD card. So I erased it, then I got a black screen. I let windows repair the SD Card. Then I inserted it back in and the 3ds Home menu finally loaded. But my theme was gone (just the stock black 3ds theme) and all my cfw titles, including FBI, are gone. There is still memory on the 3ds sd card, but I can't access anything from the 3ds anymore, and without FBI, I can't re-install any old software.

I don't know what to do next. What happened to all my software and how can I get it back?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup again to get FBI etc back. If all your games were gotten from freeShop you can make them appear again by installing and running tikDevil or tikShop (can get them in the TitleDB feature of FBI).
You may have some corrupted data in your Nintendo 3DS folder, so try to look through it and delete anything suspicious (garbled symbols, letters and numbers for file names and 0 byte size)

PKMWM1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would I be a troll id I recomonded to get a DS flashcart for next time?
Even though I lost my data. I still had custom firmware on it. So I was able to use that from the download play to homebrew method to re-install my FBI and homebrew launcher and use that to re-install all my old games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)