3DS CFW Data > Regular Firmware

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Eric Skittles, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    I just hacked my 3DS (original, small blue one) and downloaded Super Mario 3D Land. I have a New 3DS XL that isn't modded in any way or form (it's my main 3DS console). Would I be able to merge the data by putting Super Mario 3D Land on my main N3DS XL without transferring any other mod files? (Does this make sense?)
    The game was downloaded as a .cia file if that means anything.
    Thanks in advance.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    If you do system transfer only legit games is transferred. Your hacks don't transfer during system transfer if that is what you're asking.

3. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Sorta what I'm asking. But let'say i get on the computer and move the game files over. Would that work? Like, would it add the game to my home menu and be playable? Cause on my CFW 3DS, I went in to the eShop and it showed 3DS Land as "Downloaded".

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    no that won't work.
    the only reason that game appears on your hacked 3ds is because cfw is patched to make it appear (it basically ignores piracy checks)
    transfering files wouldn't work, not even with actually eshop bought games, as the other 3ds lacks the ticket for the game,

if you successfully followed the https://3ds.guide once, you'll just have to do so again on your n3ds

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Jan 29, 2017
    Eric Skittles likes this.
  5. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Darn, okay. Thanks for the answers! c: