3ds card help

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Skin, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Skin
    OP

Skin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Hi I bought a 3ds today it's for my mums birthday next week. It was a bargain find hence the old model. Anyways she currently plays ds lite with acekard 2.1.

What is best equivalent for the 3ds so that she can then play the same games but only on the 3ds. Is there any 3ds ROMs that work on these types of new cards? Iv been trying to read up whats best between acekard & r4s but there is so many.

Could someone please point me in right direct & if possible give me any links to purchase one. I live in UK.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    If you want to launch 3DS games keep the 3DS offline, update it to 4.0 - 4.5 (if it its below 4.0) using a game cartridge and get either a Gateway or an MT-Card (you can get the device online after you update it to 4.0 - 4.5)

3. Skin
    OP

Skin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Its just out box not connected to WiFi or played any games settings says 2.1.0-4e. Someone else has just bought one on same deal & theirs updated to 7.2.0-17e

Would I be best getting a R4i gold 3gs to allow her to play current D's lite games?

4. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    first of all ,you'd better check the 3DS firmware.
    If between V4.1-V4.5, you're very luck, you can use Gateway 3DS and MT Card to run 3DS roms for free;
    if above V4.5, you can only use a normally flashcarts to run NDS roms, such as R4i gold 3DS, DSTwo

For Aceakrd 2i, it hasn't updated for one more year, becaue the acekard team dead