Hardware 3DS Capture Card, hmm..

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I am aware yes, but if you have cfw you can use wireless capture for free.. There are plenty of post on how to downgrade, install cfw and then install the wireless.

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As far as I am aware yes, but if you have cfw you can use wireless capture for free.. There are plenty of post on how to downgrade, install cfw and then install the wireless.
That I am aware, and I can. as per my signature suggests.

However, I don't have a NEW 3DS at the moment. Maybe next time then. Thanks for the answer, though

D

Deleted User

Are there really only 2 seller of 3DS Capture Card?
Katsukitty and Loopy or are there any other?
Currently those are the only options available currently. If you can afford them they are both awesome kits. I've owned both of them and they are amazing.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use Katsukitty. I just bought a card from him, and went to UPS with the account number as instructed. I was told that UPS won't ship that way; that it would have to be paid up front and that it would cost me $110, and Katsukitty only offered to reimburse up to $30. Contacted him and was told to try the USPS. Tried them and they would ship it for a reasonable price, but offered no shipping insurance. Katsukitty only offers up to $10 worth of insurance (meaning if your package gets lost in the mail, he refunds you a WHOPPING $10). In light of all this I just asked for a refund, as I wasn't willing to take that risk, and he refused. I had to file a claim with paypal to get my money back (and I did). Don't trust this asshole. Plenty of people have gotten cards installed by him without issue, but I know a few who lost their system and money too. Loopy is the way to go, though last I checked he wasn't taking orders.

Reactions: Shubshub
D

Deleted User

Don't use Katsukitty. I just bought a card from him, and went to UPS with the account number as instructed. I was told that UPS won't ship that way; that it would have to be paid up front and that it would cost me $110, and Katsukitty only offered to reimburse up to $30. Contacted him and was told to try the USPS. Tried them and they would ship it for a reasonable price, but offered no shipping insurance. Katsukitty only offers up to $10 worth of insurance (meaning if your package gets lost in the mail, he refunds you a WHOPPING $10). In light of all this I just asked for a refund, as I wasn't willing to take that risk, and he refused. I had to file a claim with paypal to get my money back (and I did). Don't trust this asshole. Plenty of people have gotten cards installed by him without issue, but I know a few who lost their system and money too. Loopy is the way to go, though last I checked he wasn't taking orders.
I had 3 cards from katsu no issues. Your issue was not with him it was with your shipping method. You could have insured it for what you want and it wouldnt have made a difference. they only issue it for $10 on their end.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 3 cards from katsu no issues. Your issue was not with him it was with your shipping method. You could have insured it for what you want and it wouldnt have made a difference. they only issue it for $10 on their end.
The shipping method HE told me to use didn't work. I asked for a refund and he refused. 'Nuff said.

KanterZ

Modder.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank you for the report.

D

Deleted User

The shipping method HE told me to use didn't work. I asked for a refund and he refused. 'Nuff said.
Use a different one then. Conversations arent always the clearest english isnt their first language. People make mistakes. Like i said if you shipped it another way they wouldnt have done anything. They would have received your system fixed it and sent it back on its way.

Refunds arent needed as per his ToS so thats on you because you didnt want to take a moment to analyze the mistake and ship it the proper way

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a different one then. Conversations arent always the clearest english isnt their first language. People make mistakes. Like i said if you shipped it another way they wouldnt have done anything. They would have received your system fixed it and sent it back on its way.

Refunds arent needed as per his ToS so thats on you because you didnt want to take a moment to analyze the mistake and ship it the proper way
I didn't ship it the proper way? Why don't you enlighten me on what I should have done. His instructions were VERY clear. I was to take it to UPS and have it shipped with an account number he provided to be paid on delivery. The company HE told me to go to said they don't do that, that it had to be either a prepaid shipping label (which he refused to provide) or be paid up front. I did everything in my power to communicate with him and figure out a solution, and the only one he offered was to ship it completely uninsured, which I am simply not willing to do. I was every bit entitled to a refund.

Also, stop acting like I'm saying he's scamming everyone. I'm sure you and @EvilMakiPR got your cards just fine. I clearly said in my first post that plenty of people have gotten cards from him with no issue whatsoever, I just really don't appreciate him trying to steal my money for a problem with HIS shipping method.

EDIT: Wanted to make it clear that I didn't expect him to pay for the insurance either, it simply wasn't an option. I would have paid it out of my pocket if need be.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: RustInPeace

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a Katsukitty capture card its nice (when it wants to work) I have had to open my 3DS a few times to wiggle it back into working form
I wish I would have gotten one from Loopy. Id also like to know if there are more options out there.
Loopy never even made one for the OLDXL. He promised and never did anything. I think he doesnt make capture cards anymore

But some people say Loopy cards gives u better quality. IDK about that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb