Hardware 3DS camera issue

Rajveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS I have has an issue with it's left outer camera. When opening the photo application, or a game that uses the cameras (e.g. Face Raiders), the left camera has a green hue until I point it at a light source, when it calibrates and corrects itself. The right outer camera and the inner camera don't have this problem, which means when taking 3D photos the left part of the 3D image is green unless I correct it. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Skawtz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't say I've had any problems with the camera(serious ones anyway). All I have noticed is the room needs to be really bright to take pictures as in brighter than normal.

To get the AR games to work I actually had to put a lamp right beside where I set up the cards even though both my livingroom lights were on.

Rajveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's definately an issue: if both the right and inner cameras can calibrate the white and colour levels properly without having to shine it at a bright light source, then there must definately be something wrong with the left one. I'll get the retailer to swap it for another system if they have some in stock, I'm just wondering what data I'll lose as there's no 3DS transfer option yet!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to register it first.
tongue.gif

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I can confirm this also. However in my case the left(/image seen when closing my right eye) image is more yellow than green. It seems to happen only in conditions with bad light. Taking pics in sunlight doesn't make it yellow.
Really hope this is a software thing.

Rajveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm returning it for a replacement, my thinking is that if the inner and right cameras have no issue with calibration there must be a fault with the left one. I'll test the replacement later this week when i get it in the same lighting conditions, that way you'll know if yours is at fault aswell or if it's just the way it is in low light.

Rajveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not impressed. The shop said that they found the same condition on one of their own 3DS systems, and to take it up with Nintendo. They said on their system it happened on more than one camera and it just seems like the way the system is. Nintendo themselves said to me it sounds like a hardware issue, so why the shop won't give me a replacement I don't know. So I guess when I get the system back, it's off to Nintendo for another 10 days without it :/

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Next time, make the shop call the nintendo service number. That way they cant refuse the replacement since they get the info from Nintendo directly.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this problem with 8 3ds "8!!!" @#$%.
it's work fine right out of the box, then a day or two later, BANG yellow screen of focus death!!!
yellow screen, wobble hinges, slip far apart images, rubing hinges, you name it.

So far I traded the 3ds 15 times and none of them pleased me.
and now they let Geek squad look at it.

I think i will get a full refund and wait until they make it right.
this is not working out, I love the 3DS but it has too many problems.
hate2.gif

Rajveer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You had this camera issue with 8 systems? That's crazy! You sure the shop wasn't just giving you the sames ones over and over?

On those systems which camera was it giving the yellow image? Were they giving a yellow image in any lighting condition, and could you fix it?

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rajveer said:
You had this camera issue with 8 systems? That's crazy! You sure the shop wasn't just giving you the sames ones over and over?

On those systems which camera was it giving the yellow image? Were they giving a yellow image in any lighting condition, and could you fix it?

it was the black 3ds, all of them.
nah, they wasn't the same one cuz i went to different locations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.