Narblet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trev1 said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Been playing my acekard 2i on my US 3DS for a few days. Don't plan to update anyway.

However, Nintendo can't do it. Bricking your console is the same as damaging property. When you buy the console, unlike any Terms of Agreements says, you own it completely and you can do whatever you want with it, which include pirating games and stealing from nintendo. Then again, it's not stealing as most games are utter crap and I wouldn't even buy anyway.

what ? did you update your card and if not what akaio are you on?
Chances are, it doesn't matter what akaio he's on, because it's probably on DS compatibility mode, so any flashcart would work.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
picdp.jpg

Not trying to spread fear or anything,but what keeping them from having a another, but hidden log?

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, the Wii logs the Homebrew Channel, and all Nintendo can do is disable its use if possible.

And for the guy who said he intends to not update, are you willing to ignore 3DSWare and the later games of the year? I'm betting around fall 2011, all games will come with the May update, so if you want to play anything after Ocarina of Time 3D, you might have to update.

Nylx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It´s a trash can. Using that, you can delete the information that you used that application. As soon as you use the application again, it appears again on that screen.

However it doesnt erase the activity log (this one cant be erased).

Maybe if you format the console, the activity log is also erased.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
Not trying to spread fear or anything,but what keeping them from having a another, but hidden log?

They have to tell you it's there, they have to ask your permission to read it. If they do have a secret log they couldn't use it against you because they'd be admitting to a mass invasion of privacy against all 3DS owners.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ivacyPolicy.jsp
QUOTE said:
We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels.

Narblet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikola987 said:
That isn't confirmation enough. There have been tons of videos using flashcarts for nds games on the 3ds, but none showing proof of the bricking. Personally, I'm going to use my ak2i, and then buy legit 3d games.
And isn't that the same message the dsi got?

Narblet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ivacyPolicy.jsp
QUOTE said:
We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels.

The 3ds policy only says this
QUOTE said:
If you install unauthorized applications or content on your Nintendo 3DS System or make unauthorized modifications to the Nintendo 3DS System, your PII may be compromised. Nintendo is not responsible for any data collection, use or disclosure from any Nintendo 3DS System with unauthorized applications or applications installed.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3..._na/parents.jsp
In the code of conduct the following things are said:
QUOTE said:
Making, disseminating, sharing or playing unauthorized copies of games, music or images on the Nintendo 3DS System. This activity is illegal!
And if you break the code of conduct.. This is the response:
Nintendo reserves the right to immediately terminate, block or suspend, in whole or in part, your use of the Nintendo 3DS Service or any feature of the Nintendo 3DS System for, in Nintendo’s sole discretion, any violation of this Nintendo 3DS Code of Conduct. Nintendo reserves the right to contact and cooperate with any law enforcement agencies, government officials or Internet Service Providers, as Nintendo believes in its sole discretion, is necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, or as otherwise required by law.
Nintendo is not responsible for, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, will not accept liability for, anything you say or anything that happens on the Nintendo 3DS System and Nintendo 3DS Service or as a result of your use of the Nintendo 3DS System and Nintendo 3DS Service; you alone are responsible.

Narblet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We shouldn't be scared of those waning be because in the dsi code of conduct it says this:
QUOTE said:
Using an unauthorized device with the Nintendo DSi System or making unauthorized technical modifications to your Nintendo DSi System voids your warranty and may be illegal. Nintendo may make technical changes to the Nintendo DSi System, software and/or Nintendo DSi Service to disable the modification.
and if you break the dsi code of conduct:
QUOTE said:
Nintendo is not responsible for anything you communicate using the Nintendo DSi System or anything that happens on the Nintendo DSi Service or as a result of your use of the Nintendo DSi Service; you alone are responsible.
And
Nintendo reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend your use of the Nintendo DSi Service for, in Nintendo’s sole discretion, any violation of this Nintendo DSi Code of Conduct. Nintendo reserves the right to contact and cooperate with any law enforcement agencies, government officials or Internet Service Providers, as Nintendo believes in its sole discretion, is necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, or as otherwise required by law.
which is nearly identical to the 3ds code.

ben1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seriously men, what did you expect Nintendo to say? Of course they will put some scary sentences on their product to push people to not use flashcart...
They just say like many other that non official product could damage the 3DS... Like for iPhone's jailbreak for example...
For now, does someone can report any brick attack on any of system known for having been hack in the past? PSP, iPhone, GBA, DS, DSi... They all got hacked and many of them had same preventive sentence from maker, but I didn't hear about any attack from maker on them to brick the game station...

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Once again, same waring is the same.

They CAN NOT brick your 3DS remotely. The most they can do is disable online play, stop you from using 3DS shop, etc.

I will keep saying this. IT IS ILLEGAL in some places to do a remote brick.

I don't care what they say, I'll pop my DSTWO in my 3DS the first second I start it up.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind the people's comments that are anti-piracy, but most of them just sound so......stupid.
the comments on gonintendo, especially.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:

They CAN NOT brick your 3DS remotely. The most they can do is disable online play, stop you from using 3DS shop, etc.

I don't care what they say, I'll pop my DSTWO in my 3DS the first second I start it up.
They can't do a remote brick but a brick on System Update seems legit because you have to agree to the terms before you update. And if the terms say they're bricking you...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
Schlupi said:

They can't do a remote brick but a brick on System Update seems legit because you have to agree to the terms before you update. And if the terms say they're bricking you...
Yes, but that not by them purposely(remotely bricking). It just a chance modification can brick your device due to upgrade. (flashcarts do not really do any modification tho...)

And if you saying System Update allows for remotely bricking, no it doesn't. Still illegal.

Croaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Hum...

In France, the use of flashcards is legal. (Nintendo lost their lawsuit against flashcartds dealers last year)

This means Nintendo can't limit the use of the 3DS in France by bricking it or blocking the access to the online features just because people used flashcarts. If they want to brick/block/ limit the use of your 3DS because you violated the copyright, they have to prove that roms were booted on the flashcard, then that the booted rom is an illegal one because you do not own the original game. And that will be quite diffucult to prove without paying a visit (
biggrin.gif
) to every flashcart user: "Hey, I'm Regis Fils-Aimee, And I'm about kicking your ass cause you used a flashcart!"

So any attempt of Nintendo to brick/block/limit the use of your 3DS in France is totally illegal.

I think French flashcarts users are pretty lucky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back