Hardware 3DS Analog Stick Problem

sonicsmash2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, Just recently I got this problem with my 3DS while playing Mario kart 7
My analog stick has some sort of scratchy feeling from the inside when I slide it 90* From right to left, It feels like something inside is being scraped against a wall or something, Any idea's? Or will i have to send it in to ninty.........

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get a dry clean toothbrush, pull the stick down and insert bristles into hole, then rotate both until all of it has been cleaned. Do not use water.
Just tried this and the bristles couldnt reach it, other solutions?
You can use alcohol to clean it apparently but I have never tried this.
"Rubbing alcohol is still the best electronic cleaning material for your phone, cordless or cellular. Use cotton swabs to get into the little cracks and crevices. If you keep the connectors clean using the eraser tip of a pencil, your cordless phone will charge better and hold the charge longer."

sonicsmash2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a dry clean toothbrush, pull the stick down and insert bristles into hole, then rotate both until all of it has been cleaned. Do not use water.
Just tried this and the bristles couldnt reach it, other solutions?
You can use alcohol to clean it apparently but I have never tried this.
"Rubbing alcohol is still the best electronic cleaning material for your phone, cordless or cellular. Use cotton swabs to get into the little cracks and crevices. If you keep the connectors clean using the eraser tip of a pencil, your cordless phone will charge better and hold the charge longer."
Sorry but whatever is in there is pretty far and lodged pretty bad. And Cotton swabs dont really fit, also i dont think this is a situation for use of Alcohol

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a can of air laying around use that, the straw is tiny enough to get into the circle pad and you can blow some air into it to hopefully dislodge whatever's in there. Otherwise I say send it into Nintendo.

sonicsmash2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem after my 3DS fell into sand. However it disappeared by itself after a while.

Oh and maybe you can get out whatever is under it with a vacuum cleaner.
If you have a can of air laying around use that, the straw is tiny enough to get into the circle pad and you can blow some air into it to hopefully dislodge whatever's in there. Otherwise I say send it into Nintendo.

Never really thought about this, thanks, i might try tommorow though, right now its 3am, if not, ill just send it over to nintendo, i got 1 year warranty

sonicsmash2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway i fixed the problem and whatever was in there is gone, but its still inside the 3DS so hopefully it doesn't affect it in the future.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1