Hacking 3DS 6.3 Exploit Found

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because he has no need to release it as of yet. It anything, releasing it now will probably contribute more to piracy. He will release it once his homebrew loader is finished. And who knows, he might make sure that the exploit always automatically loads on it, so that no piracy can be done.

Sounds like a good plan actually, as homebrew is the only part of it I really care about anyways.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no telling if it'll be easier or harder than the older models due to the different motherboard layouts. That's what i'm interested to see.
Well, there's currently only really one source I could find from basic digging that has kind-of higher resolution images of the 2DS mainboard. Feel free to look through it for hints toward the test point locations.

8:20 for shot of estimated board target area.
8:05-8:13 for board topside.

the-green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hope he release it soon
Sooner or later Linker's teams will find it & use it to support 6.+ firmwares with a new update !!
That will make more people happy
go go go

vinhdt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if it was JUST found now, then how can it be patched in the 7.X firmwares?

(I really regret updating from 4.5 for Pokemon, haha! - I'm on 7.X - Hope I didn't miss the jump... I've been dying for another shot with this.)

I believe the new Gateway 2.0 "Omega" can now play Pokemon using emuNand.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Business plan: Stock up on 6.3 3DSs now, sell them for a higher price next year when nintendo releases 7.0 3DSs. :yaysp:

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the new Gateway 2.0 "Omega" can now play Pokemon using emuNand.

Yeah, I mean, though, I've updated from 4.5 to a later firmware to play Pokemon, and really chose that over Gateway. Then Zelda came out and I'm like, "Oh well. I've already updated. No going back. I guess I'll update again..." like an idiot. So now I'm on 7.something with no exploit. Like a smart person B)

LOL. ThirtyFail.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, now we need to start collecting serial numbers for 6.3 3ds's
So... every 3DS and 2DS released to date in retail packaging? Seriously though, there's no 3DS out there that has any higher than 6.X firmware on it at retail that has been reported. It should be safe to say that you can grab one from any store you like without issue for the time being.

Reactions: jrr6415sun

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... every 3DS and 2DS released to date in retail packaging? Seriously though, there's no 3DS out there that has any higher than 6.X firmware on it at retail that has been reported. It should be safe to say that you can grab one from any store you like without issue for the time being.

even so, eventually there will be 7.0+ 3ds's in stores, and people will want serial numbers. We just need to find the highest serial number someone owns right now :P

vinhdt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I mean, though, I've updated from 4.5 to a later firmware to play Pokemon, and really chose that over Gateway. Then Zelda came out and I'm like, "Oh well. I've already updated. No going back. I guess I'll update again..." like an idiot. So now I'm on 7.something with no exploit. Like a smart person B)

LOL. ThirtyFail.

Not only can it play Pokemon X&Y but any current new games too.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
even so, eventually there will be 7.0+ 3ds's in stores, and people will want serial numbers. We just need to find the highest serial number someone owns right now :P
Simple enough. Go to the store right now, grab a box off the shelf and write down it's serial number. :)
(assuming said serial number is actually visible without asking a store employee for permission to open the box.)

Msparky83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I suppose I will now update my XL to 6.30 with Zelda ALBW dump the nand and then downgrade back to 4.5 just so that I will be ready when that day comes. Im hoping that it comes in the form of Custom Firmware.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So if it was JUST found now, then how can it be patched in the 7.X firmwares?

(I really regret updating from 4.5 for Pokemon, haha! - I'm on 7.X - Hope I didn't miss the jump... I've been dying for another shot with this.)

It's quite easy to explain how it could be patched: They updated the section of the firmware with the vulnerability. It could be updated "by accident" just on the basis that the section with the exploit code running was replaced by something else and the exploitable part was removed/changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH