Hacking 3DS 4.4.0-10 Beta Patch for R4i Gold 3DS(r4ids.cn)has been released

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm upset I updates it, then accidentally pressed A again and closed out of the game. Now my R4 is bricked and I'll have to buy another one since I have no friends with an R4 card (Or any card)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good news everyone.
I should be getting mine in... maybe one month. LoL I hate Hong Kong Post air mail delivery time. :/

I've bought a DSTwo with Hong Kong Post Air Mail delivery,
and it's almost 2 months and my card didn't arrive.

Handyjunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got a "Fail" too, because my card is Revision 8.

Just seen in another forum, that only cards with a revision higher than 8 can successfully update

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bricked mine. :(

I think it was on 1.44 3DS (narnia icon). I tried the v44 patch and it failed the card check on DSi and DSL. I then brilliantly thought I might need the V43 patch first.

The V43 patch detected and installed successfully but the on re-start it says no card detected.

I then realised the V43 patch I had downloaded is for NON 3DS. I ran this patch successfully again using another card and a DSL. After successfully patching it still says no card detected.

When I now run the V44 patch it detects the card as "R4i Gold N3DS" - "3DS 1.0 NDSi 1.4.1"

Any ideas at least how to get this card working again?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Since I thought it might help I just created this picture showing the different PCB revisions for the R4i Gold/R4i DSN cards:-

I found all the pictures in this German thread:-
http://board.gulli.com/thread/1665565-dsi-3ds-wood-r4-uebersicht-welches-sind-die-guten-r4-module/
It would be good if people could state which card PCB revision they have, and if the update was successful or not.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not having much luck.
My R4iDSN fails the card check on update as well using the R4iDSN V44 patch. At least I haven't killed this one.

Detects as;
Card type: R4iDSN 3DS
System Ver: 3DS 2.0 NDSi 1.4.1

D

Deleted User

PCB revision: C
Update Successfull: Yes
Icon before the update: Dorasu
Icon after the update: Demo

musicbuff82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first time having to update my card like this. At first I thought I needed 2 r4 flashcards for it, but I only needed one. The steps I did were as followed and it worked for me. So maybe it will work for you guys too.
1. I formatted my microsd card after backing up. Then downloaded the Wood r4 v.1.52 firmware and the R4iGold3DS_44Patch.rar file from r4ids.cn
2. I copy and pasted the Wood R4 files and the 2 R4iGold3DS_3DS44_Patch files(just to be sure) onto the microsd. I also added a Games folder with 1 game inside.
3. After plugging it into the DS Lite, I booted it up and opened R4iGold3DS_3DS44_Patch_NDSL.nds, It opens a window that has lines like card check, update, and result on it. When I pressed the B-button it says my card failed, then I ejected the R4 card without turning off the DS and plugged it back in. This time when I press B, it shows my card info and I was able to press the A-button to update. It then allowed me to upgrade the card.
4. After it was done upgrading and getting a "Upgrade Succeded" status, I rebooted and checked that it was working and could play the game that I had in the card. I have since added my other games back and have tried it on my 3DS and it works.

And that's basically about it. I hope you guys will be able to get yours to work too.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4iDSN.com, v7 PCB, Fails cartridge check on R4iDSN_3DS44_Patch.

R4iDS.cn, v5+ PCB, Failed cartridge check on R4iGold3DS_3DS44_Patch_NDSL. No cartridge detected after successfully applying 3DS43_R4iGold_Non3DS. All patches from 3DS20, 3DS22, V144 and 3DS44 3DS and Non 3DS versions (where available) all fail cartridge checks. 3DS43_R4iGold_Non3DS applies succesfully every time but still fails to detect cartridge on re-boot.

Does anyone have a copy of the old 1.43 (sponge bob) fix firmware for R4iDS.cn cards. I have a feeling this one may fix it.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good news everyone.
I should be getting mine in... maybe one month. LoL I hate Hong Kong Post air mail delivery time. :/

wow max is like 2-3 weeks for me.

Good news everyone.

wow max is like 2-3 weeks for me.
Ye I got mine in exactly 21days like it said on the website O_O

Mine got more than one month just to get out of China,
and it's still in Santa Catarina(South of Brazil)

Crazzyshot

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to update the R4 using a 3DS which is already updated to 4.4.10?

Can i only use a DSL to update the R4?

Will there be a possibility for the R4 dev team to come up with an update that works on a 3DS which is already at version 4.4.10?

I only have a 3DS. (which is updated to 4.4.10) and when i try to update the R4, it always go into error, and asks to restart the 3DS.
BTW my R4 is Numbered "C"

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got back an e-mail from the r4ids.cn team and they're fully aware the firmware update only works on 9, 10, A, B and C revisions of their flash card, BUT they also said they aren't giving up, and they're continuing to work on the other R4i Gold 3DS revisions.

They didn't say this but the exact same thing is going to apply to r4idsn.com flash cards. Check your revisions and then you know if it's worth your time, or not. 8 or below means no go, no updatey for you! All other numbers and letters mean instant "success," unless of course you do something less than smart. *poke*Mantis*poke* J/K :P

Reactions: 2 people

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Is it possible to update the R4 using a 3DS which is already updated to 4.4.10?

2. Can i only use a DSL to update the R4?

3. Will there be a possibility for the R4 dev team to come up with an update that works on a 3DS which is already at version 4.4.10?

I only have a 3DS. (which is updated to 4.4.10) and when i try to update the R4, it always go into error, and asks to restart the 3DS.
BTW my R4 is Numbered "C"
1. No, you can only update a DSTWO flashcard after you've updated the 3DS.
2. No, you can use a DS fat, a DS Lite, a DSi, a DSi XL, a 3DS with a firmware below 4.4.0-10 and a 3DS XL with a firmware below 4.4.0-10.
3. No, but you've answered your first question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer