• Likes 10

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I posted in this a while ago, but I've probably changed my mind as we come closer to releases.

In order of hype:
  • Heroes of Ruin!!! 10/10
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 8/10
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising - 7.5/10
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 - 7.5/10
  • Rollercoaster Tycoon 3DS - 6/10 (Needs more info to get hyped)
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles - 6/10
Hype scores will go up as the games get closer!

Might get Monster Hunter depending on how people say it plays without the Circle Pad Pro. I'm assuming it's not going to control well, so count me out probably. Also, maybe Rayman Origins depending on when it's released/reviews.

Edit:

Oh yeah! Maybe Animal Crossing too. I loved the one for DS, but it looks like the same thing... Unless there's a lot of new stuff, I'll pass.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Instead of complaining about why x game isn't on the list, post an image (sized 400x240) along with the game's title and I'll add it to the OP.
Sorry, resized it for you.
kjrct3ds.jpg

Only screenshot for the game, and it was taken from a magazine, that's why it looks grainy.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't seem like these were on this list, they interested me :
Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die

72shad.jpg

Definitely would pick it up if it was localized, or the impossible happens and nintendo decided to remove the region lock (which I highly doubt)

Another game, Shifting World developed by Aksys. Unfortunately, there's no screenshots of the 3DS version yet =/ I think there was a flash game called SHIFT which Aksys mentioned it being based on but I can't seem to find it. I think Aksys says Shifting World will be available in April this year.

Reactions: 1 person

bart148

Trophies
Some hybrid between Hyrule and Cerulean City
XP
Country
United States
Hype-Meter

Luigi's Mansion 2 - 8.5/10
Animal Crossing - 8/10
Heroes of Ruin - 5/10 (Sorry it just doesn't caught my eye)
Kid Icarus Uprising - 9/10
Beyond the Labyrinth - It's not coming outside of japan i'm pretty sure it won't but if it ever does i'll probably wait for reviews
Resident Evil Revelations - 9/10
Paper Mario - 8/10
Time Travelers - Meh. Also no word of it coming outside of japan
Tales of the Abyss - Already out in europe but hasn't had the best reviews. 6/10
Mario Tennis - 6.5/10 The older Mario Tennis games where great hope this one is good enough
MGS 3D Snake Eater - 8.5
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle - 8/10
Fantasy Life - Same as Beyond the Labyrinth and Time Travelers
Rhytm Thief - Not really that interesting, will wait for reviews
Bravely Default - mmmmm... just... no..
Tekken 3D Prime Edition - 7/10
Rayman Origins - 8.5/10 When it comes to this game graphics are no important or BIG different comparing the PS3/XBOX 360 with the Wii one and the 3DS version has 3D and Cheaper. So yeah
Fire Emblem - Not my cup of tea but might wait for reviews
Monster Hunter Tri G - If it ever comes out of japan (because it should) 9/10
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - Not a fan of FF Spinoffs but if it has FF on the name you can sell it 6/10
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - 9/10
Crush3D - 6.5/10 But if it has good or better than the PSP version my hipe for it coming out in America will increase
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney 8.5. Step 1: Proffesor Layton + Ace Attorney Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit
Rune Factory 4 - Didn't even know this saga existed
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3 - 5/10
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - If it's just has fun has 2008 and the graphics and gameplay can keep up to the Wii version it's a 7/10
Dynasty Warriors VS. - No..
Love Plus 3DS - OMG 10/10 OMFG ZOMG BEST GAME OF 2012.!!! Who am i kidding? I doubt even my little sister would care about the game.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not confident we'll see Fire Emblem in Europe this year. There's about a year and a half gap between the JP release and EU release of all the other Fire Emblem games (even Radiant Dawn) that actually made it to Europe :cry: Even the US is about 6 months behind.

The worst part is, It's the game I'm most looking forward to – it looks absolutely amazing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd re-evaluate my list again.

Luigi's Mansion 2 - Um, this was a classic? Not interested.
Animal Crossing - Never liked Animal Crossing. Honestly one of the dullest series to me.
Heroes of Ruin - What the 3DS really needs. If it's a lengthy and meaty dungeon crawler then I'd bite hard.
Kid Icarus Uprising - Strikes me as a short action fluff game that's over too soon and has little going for it. You really think that multiplayer is gonna be a hit? Yeah, sure.
Beyond the Labyrinth - Meh meh meh.
Resident Evil Revelations - Goes up and down. I hear some good things then some bad things but it's still what I would look forward to the most.
Paper Mario - I've never played a Paper Mario game outside of that shit Super Paper Mario. I've played the Mario and Luigi games though and SMRPG. SMRPG and Bowser's Inside Story were fantastic, the rest were mediocre.
Time Travelers - Never liked Level-5 games.
Tales of the Abyss - Tales game, pass.
Mario Tennis - I'm not a fan of sports games and I never took the time to really get into the GBA Mario Tennis. This is done by Camelot though (I think) so it won't be as shit as Mario's latest sports outings (Mario Sports Mix and the Olympic games)
MGS 3D Snake Eater - Bleck. While the framerate issues are fixed, it's still rather bland visually and is a terrible game to make portable. HD Collection on the Xbox 360 > this.
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle - I don't like Layton really.
Fantasy Life - Huh?
Rhythm Thief - Eh, rhythm game. I like some and hate others. Can't stand Rhythm Heaven but Elite Beat Agents was awesome. I also liked the portable Rock Band games. Still don't see it worth a purchase.
Bravely Default - Huh?
Tekken 3D Prime Edition - SNORE SNORE SNORE. I really don't like Tekken, at all. Give me Soul Calibur instead, Broken Destiny was a pretty good portable rendition.
Rayman Origins - Vita version or Xbox 360 version > this. The game was fun from what I played on the Wii version but I'd rather have it on the Vita. Also, @ bart: (who I copied this list from), how are graphics not important in this game? It has some rather groundbreaking 2D graphical tech behind it.
Fire Emblem - Burned out of SRPGs a long time ago. Probably the last SRPG I played was Shadow Dragon (unless you count Valkyria Chronicles II)
Monster Hunter Tri G - I've still barely scratched the PSP games and I'll probably be playing those when the Vita comes out (mostly for dual analog controls). So nope.
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - God this looks bad. I enjoy FF spin offs, admittedly maybe a bit more than the main series, but this just looks really lazy. An incredibly weak entry for FF on the system.
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - Ew.
Crush3D - I could just play the PSP version and save myself $40.
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney - A series I'm not really into combined with a series that I can't stand. Fantastic.
Rune Factory 4 - More like SNORE FACTORY: SNORE. I can't stand Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games.
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3 - Only decent Dragon Quest game I played was Monsters: Joker. Which even then wasn't as good as Pokemon.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Who would ever buy this?
Dynasty Warriors VS. - There's still Samurai Warriors that I need to nab (if I ever get the system) and there's a Vita Dynasty Warriors game coming out. Not a priority.
Love Plus 3DS - If my hype could be quantified in negatives then I would be going to negative infinity.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Well here are my thoughts on the lineup.

Luigi's Mansion 2 - Haven't played the Gamecube game but I'm interested in this.
Animal Crossing - I enjoy Animal Crossing and the mayor mechanic should be interesting.
Heroes of Ruin - Looks nice. The addition of online co-op and voice chat in this game is nice.
Kid Icarus Uprising - Looks like fun. Not especially excited for it but it should be fun.
Beyond the Labyrinth - Appears to be really good. I'll probably get it.
Resident Evil Revelations - Visuals look great and it appears to be a return to the survival-horror series. I'll be getting it.
Paper Mario - Might get it. I played the Wii version and that was horrible but I've heard that the original Paper Mario and The Thousand-Year Door were good.
Time Travelers - Hard to really say as there hasn't been much info on the gameplay. The time-travel mechanics and ability to affect future events seem interesting, though. I trust Level-5 to pull this off successfully. I'll get it.
Tales of the Abyss - Haven't played the PS2 version so I'll get this to see how it is.
Mario Tennis - Looks like fun and it's made by Camelot. I'll get it.
MGS 3D Snake Eater - Well the visuals aren't anything special but it appears that the frame-rate issues that this had previously were fixed. I'll get it after I beat MGS1 and 2 on the PC just so I can play MGS3 on the go.
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle - LAYTON, BABY. MUST-BUY.
Fantasy Life - It's made by Brownie Brown and Level-5! What could go wrong? Definitely getting this.
Rhythm Thief - Eh, I'm not so sure about this. Looks okay but I'm not particularly excited for this.
Bravely Default - I'll wait for more info on this game but it doesn't look too bad.
Tekken 3D Prime Edition - Not a huge fan of Tekken but I'll get it. Should be a nice fighter especially since it runs at 60FPS in 3D with online play.
Rayman Origins - I probably won't get this. If I do end up getting a portable version of Origins, it'll probably be the Vita one (when I get a Vita) because of the game's lovely visuals.
Fire Emblem - I'm not too sure about this. Might get it.
Monster Hunter Tri G - I'll get this if it does end up getting localized.
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - I'll probably get it after a while. Looks like a fun little rhythm game.
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - Before I play this, I'll have to play the other Kingdom Hearts game so I know what's going on story-wise. Or I can jump right in like prowler suggested.
Crush3D - I'll get this. Looks like a fun platformer and I'm intrigued by the whole crush mechanic.
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney - LAYTON + ACE ATTORNEY = AWESOME. MUST-BUY.
Rune Factory 4 - Haven't played a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory before. I probably won't get this.
Dragon Quest Heroes - While it doesn't look too bad, I probably won't get it at launch.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games - Not excited for this. Once it enters the bargain-bin, I'll probably try it out then.
Dynasty Warriors VS. - Not something I'll buy at launch but I'll get it sometime later.
Love Plus 3DS - No.
Extreme Escape Adventures: Good People Die - I wasn't amazed by 999 but it wasn't bad. I'll get this.
Shifting World - Looks nice. I'll get it depending on how it's priced.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3DS - I'll wait and see with this.

@Guild: You missed a couple games there.

Reactions: 1 person

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

72shad.jpg

Definitely would pick it up if it was localized, or the impossible happens and nintendo decided to remove the region lock (which I highly doubt)

You guys in the US at least get the game if it ever gets localized. 999 was only released in the US, not EU. But that didn't matter because the DS was region free.
But with the region lock on the 3DS, i'll most likely be missing out :l
That's sucks pretty bad, because I thoroughly enjoyed 999. FFFUUU- i want this game. It has 24 endings for pete's sake :>

D

Deleted_171835

OP

72shad.jpg

You guys in the US at least get the game if it ever gets localized. 999 was only released in the US, not EU. But that didn't matter because the DS was region free.
That's sucks pretty bad, because I thoroughly enjoyed 999.
It's coming to the Vita too so if you're planning on getting a Vita, you'll be able to get this as the Vita is region-free.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's sucks pretty bad, because I thoroughly enjoyed 999.

This is the biggest reason why I'm leaning to pick up a Vita before a 3DS. I could tolerate a region lock if it was possible for me to buy games digitally but it's not like Nintendo will ever do that. At least Sony has PSN which has allowed me to purchase games not released in Europe like the Ys games which were published by Xseed. I can't buy a hard copy game but I can purchase it off the EU PSN market. And as Sony look like taking digital distribution seriously than I can play Extreme Escape Adventure on my Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative