Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Can you tell me which files I have to put? I'm a little lost there
Files? I mean i’ve Launched the official Nintendo 3DS System Update as my 3DS acknowledged there was one and it just worked. And the CFW is still working (Luma3DS 8.1) and the HomeBrew launcher is working.
I had to use/put no files nowhere: just made a System Update from the console settings (or from the pop-up it gives you when it detects an internet connection).

Last edited by Izeman,
Reactions: Feroz El Mejor

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you using Windows? If so, why haven't you switched to Linux? It has features Windows doesn't have.

See where this line of thinking goes? It's literally "stop liking what I don't like".
Oh, I am still using Windows 3. Why update to a newer version if mine does what I need? The same analogy. Luma is literally an update to reinand.

GerbilSoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I am still using Windows 3. Why update to a newer version if mine does what I need? The same analogy. Luma is literally an update to reinand.
Windows 3.x doesn't have a TCP/IP stack, thus making it impossible to hack remotely. Quite a few embedded devices still use it for this reason.

GerbilSoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you're missing out on features, and reinand has a lot of cons that luma doesn't have.
Why even bother with a 3DS then? Get a smartphone, it has more memory, a higher resolution screen, and a faster processor, plus built-in mobile data for online gaming anywhere!

GerbilSoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because physical controls, and mobile games suck
Phone has BETTER FEATURES so that makes it automatically better than 3DS, and anyone who says otherwise is a peasant!!11!1

It's like you don't even realize you're defeating your own whiny argument that anyone who uses "outdated" software is bad and wrong.

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
There is literally no need for a "stability" update. Can we completely dismiss the possibility of there being some kind of ticking timebomb in the update that can brick your console as punishment for CFW?

I can see how it would play out:
"HEY GUYS, 11.5 IS SAFE"
*1 month later* - "WTF? BRICKED!!!"

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
There is literally no need for a "stability" update. Can we completely dismiss the possibility of there being some kind of ticking timebomb in the update that can brick your console as punishment for CFW?

"HEY GUYS, 11.5 IS SAFE"
One of the reasons I'm not updating until further notice.

Reactions: Father Crilly

Izeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy

"HEY GUYS, 11.5 IS SAFE"

Don’t think so, because if it’s not touching Native_Firm, it can’t do any harm to an already hacked arm9. B9S gives access to arm9. With that, we have full control on security, so nothing can brick. If and when they’ll realease an update that modifies NATIVE_FIRM, that could potentially undo our hacks, but for this one it’s unlikely it will be any harmful.

Reactions: Father Crilly

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
Trophies
XP
Country
Don’t think so, because if it’s not touching Native_Firm, it can’t do any harm to an already hacked arm9. B9S gives access to arm9. With that, we have full control on security, so nothing can brick. If and when they’ll realease an update that modifies NATIVE_FIRM, that could potentially undo our hacks, but for this one it’s unlikely it will be any harmful.

So Nintendo DO HAVE the ability to release an update that breaks BS9?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1