Gaming 3DS 11.3.0-36 out now

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems I can't dump/inject fbi to the h&s app on the latest fw, any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

I tried this from the guide
"Notice that there are two sets of app and tmd files, one set with uppercase extensions (.TMD and .APP), and one set with lowercase extensions (.tmd and .app)"

I only have the lowercase set.

EDIT: Tried again, turns out I didn't press the dpad down to select the correct injection file :blush:

Last edited by Connorsdad,

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there my fellow children.
I am a hip hop pal just like you and would want to know if there are any updates to any CFW progress so far.
I made the mistake of updating from 11.2.0-35 to 11.3-36 while in the middle of trying to homebrew it with A9LH and any progress failed after.
Clearly a very stupid mistake on doing that the very moment they released the update.
And now here I am watching posts while navigating my way to finding an update on the situation.

Can anyone link me to any progression into this disaster just so I can watch it if there's any news on being able to homebrew my updated 11.3 o3ds?

And yes. I went with the funky old man gag as my very first post.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there my fellow children.
I am a hip hop pal just like you and would want to know if there are any updates to any CFW progress so far.
I made the mistake of updating from 11.2.0-35 to 11.3-36 while in the middle of trying to homebrew it with A9LH and any progress failed after.
Clearly a very stupid mistake on doing that the very moment they released the update.
And now here I am watching posts while navigating my way to finding an update on the situation.

Can anyone link me to any progression into this disaster just so I can watch it if there's any news on being able to homebrew my updated 11.3 o3ds?

And yes. I went with the funky old man gag as my very first post.
You can use basic homebrew, but you can't use a9lh or get free games. Now you must play the waiting game. There is no progress atm.

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use basic homebrew, but you can't use a9lh or get free games. Now you must play the waiting game. There is no progress atm.

Oh. I'm not using homebrew to get free games.
I'm in this to install a non-legal CIA like PKSM. I've been desperately needing to pokebank just so you can understand.
Or is there other ways to install things like PKSM without needing a CFW?

Edit: I mean offline Pokebank, just in case I'm in a boat trip or a plane ride that doesn't have a wireless net connection.

Last edited by FortuneHatter,

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I'm not using homebrew to get free games.
I'm in this to install a non-legal CIA like PKSM. I've been desperately needing to pokebank just so you can understand.
Or is there other ways to install things like PKSM without needing a CFW?

Edit: I mean offline Pokebank, just in case I'm in a boat trip or a plane ride that doesn't have a wireless net connection.
There's a .3dsx version, so you should be able to run it through the homebrew launcher.

Start here http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

You should be able to set up soundhax and get basic homebrew running.

Reactions: FortuneHatter

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a .3dsx version, so you should be able to run it through the homebrew launcher.

Start here http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

You should be able to set up soundhax and get basic homebrew running.

Any guide to doing this?
I'm not exactly what anyone would call a "careful" fiddler. Last thing I want is to accidentally brick my o3ds.
A step to step guide would be helpful if anyone would be kind enough to make an example of it.

I'm not kidding about the not being careful. I broke my 2 nds's trying to install an update to the flashcart........
A simple and clean guide would be helpful to doing this.
Sorry to be an inconvenience.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any guide to doing this?
I'm not exactly what anyone would call a "careful" fiddler. Last thing I want is to accidentally brick my o3ds.
A step to step guide would be helpful if anyone would be kind enough to make an example of it.

I'm not kidding about the not being careful. I broke my 2 nds's trying to install an update to the flashcart........
A simple and clean guide would be helpful to doing this.
Sorry to be an inconvenience.
Just scroll down on that page I linked, and click on soundhax. Follow the links it will give you, and you can set it up easily.

Since this is userspace stuff you don't have to worry about bricking your 3ds. It's not possible.

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just scroll down on that page I linked, and click on soundhax. Follow the links it will give you, and you can set it up easily.

Since this is userspace stuff you don't have to worry about bricking your 3ds. It's not possible.

Okay. I'm getting right into installing the soundhax version.

Now, any ideas to installing PKSM? This thing? https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/

Because from the guide I followed before, it said it needed something like FBI to install it into the menu.
But when I tried to do that, I updated in the middle of it and next thing I knew back then when the update released, it stopped homebrew from working, it stopped FBI from working and I keep getting errors whenever I tried to run FBI. Mind you, this was the day of the update's release.Haven't started ever since.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm getting right into installing the soundhax version.

Now, any ideas to installing PKSM? This thing? https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases/

Because from the guide I followed before, it said it needed something like FBI to install it into the menu.
But when I tried to do that, I updated in the middle of it and next thing I knew back then when the update released, it stopped homebrew from working, it stopped FBI from working and I keep getting errors whenever I tried to run FBI. Mind you, this was the day of the update's release.Haven't started ever since.
there is a .3dsx version. Just download the zip and throw the folder inside of it into your 3ds folder after you've got the homebrew launcher set up.

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a .3dsx version. Just download the zip and throw the folder inside of it into your 3ds folder after you've got the homebrew launcher set up.

Reporting in:
It worked wonderfully! Now if there's no internet, I could still move around my friends! Hurray!

Now I'm just waiting for that lofty goal of not needing homebrew and having the app in my menu screen instead of going through 5 gates.
But I digress. It's for another time.

Hopefully we get updated on any notes of CFW progressing through 11.3.
Until then, I have you to thank! So... Thank you very much!

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reporting in:
It worked wonderfully! Now if there's no internet, I could still move around my friends! Hurray!

Now I'm just waiting for that lofty goal of not needing homebrew and having the app in my menu screen instead of going through 5 gates.

No problem, best of luck.

Just check back in on the scene from time to time. I'm confident we'll get 11.3 cfw in the next few months.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reporting in:

Let me just add, there is a homebrew version of most .cia files, cia files only really exist for CFW users to make it easier to boot without needing to open HBL
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew <-- This has all the homebrew you could ever want
https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-homebrew-development-and-emulators.275/ <-- Keep a watchful eye here for when new stuff gets made to be a "cool kid" before it's added to the wiki xD

FortuneHatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just add, there is a homebrew version of most .cia files, cia files only really exist for CFW users to make it easier to boot without needing to open HBL
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew <-- This has all the homebrew you could ever want
https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-homebrew-development-and-emulators.275/ <-- Keep a watchful eye here for when new stuff gets made to be a "cool kid" before it's added to the wiki xD

Thank you s much for notifying me about this!
I've just been bumbling about the forums here and there to get scraps of information.

I can now rest easy knowing I can look for the right places for any progress!
And true enough. I would really just like to use PKSM without booting Homebrew.
But I don't mind going through this temporary patch that much.
Hopefully the coders find a way around the backdoor of this update, for which, I'll be looking forward for.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you s much for notifying me about this!
I've just been bumbling about the forums here and there to get scraps of information.

I can now rest easy knowing I can look for the right places for any progress!
And true enough. I would really just like to use PKSM without booting Homebrew.
But I don't mind going through this temporary patch that much.
Hopefully the coders find a way around the backdoor of this update, for which, I'll be looking forward for.
The sad part is that a few people have workarounds and other exploits, but they keep them private for fear of facilitating piracy.

Reactions: Shikkichu

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know that gateway EmuNAND is broken on 11.3 until they update it, but does the gateway menu (to load games and in-game menu hotkey) works on SysNAND with the actual Gateway payloads?

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sad part is that a few people have workarounds and other exploits, but they keep them private for fear of facilitating piracy.
Which is true, honestly if I was making something that enabled piracy and not directly related, I wouldn't EVER mention nor post out of paranoia of being in Nintendo lawyer's crosshairs

I know that gateway EmuNAND is broken on 11.3 until they update it, but does the gateway menu (to load games and in-game menu hotkey) works on SysNAND with the actual Gateway payloads?
Gateway itself just gives a black screen from what I know, reported by Luma users trying to run the payload. (Some claim it will remove A9LH, but I'm not entirely certain on that part)

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would be VERY surprised that it remove A9LH.
They would have to reflash the NFIRM partition. If they did, there's a high chance that there will be another brick wave.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=Gateway itself just gives a black screen from what I know, reported by Luma users trying to run the payload. (Some claim it will remove A9LH, but I'm not entirely certain on that part)

Yep, it did remove A9LH in my experience. I was running Luma+A9lh+Gateway. Ran the 11.3 update while in Luma, and when I tried to hold d-pad down to launch the GW payload upon next reboot, it showed the dragon logo, then black screen. I did a hard shutdown and booted normally, and poof... bye bye A9LH, bye bye sweet CFW :(

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it did remove A9LH in my experience. I was running Luma+A9lh+Gateway. Ran the 11.3 update while in Luma, and when I tried to hold d-pad down to launch the GW payload upon next reboot, it showed the dragon logo, then black screen. I did a hard shutdown and booted normally, and poof... bye bye A9LH, bye bye sweet CFW :(
What happened is that gateway mode does not protect the native_firm from being flashed. If you had updated your sysnand while in luma you would have been fine.

Reactions: medoli900

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn Wal-Mart has 42" 4k TVs for only $150
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i bet it will not fit inside your bedroom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea here in North Korea, we are only allowed 1 19" tv per household. And the only channel we get is, MLT (Missile Launch Today)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, doesn't fit in his bedroom he's American
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hate ordering stuff online if I can go buy it somewhere close to me, and everywhere anymore will give you a discount only if you order it online, bs. Should be a discount if I go pick it up, not order online.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love it for most things most stores you just shows the receipt online and they scan it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Makes it easy for incompetent restaurant staff that don't know how to hear an order
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mostly for big purchases, I want it in my hands before I pay. Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc) But yea if I can order online, then pickup at store is ok, but not all places offer that.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    > Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc)

Thing is, if you break it driving back to your house, it's your fault. But if the delivery driver damages it, it's not your fault.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most people that haul big tvs have empty trucks or know enough not to set it face down
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then I gotta send it back and wait another week or two. I have a pickup truck, with a extended cab, so no prob for me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most manufacturers pack it well enough where they aren't that dumb to let it happen
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They building a new Microcenter store near by me, is kinda scary. That's my favorite place, I'm like a kid in a candy store there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what's a microcenter?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool I'll make you ship me stuff
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microcenter sells high quality microwaves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Computer store basically, but they sell everything, like game systems, tvs , 3d printers, etc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've seen i9/mobo deals for like 400
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea been itching to build a new pc, mine is like 3-4 years old, ancient in pc tech time. Still using a sata SSD even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's still high tech to ancientboi
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's still high tech to ancientboi +2