ROM Hack 3DNUS

YunXi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thank you so much for this guide it helped me a lot :)
I just have a question though, I'm using MT-Card flash and I'm on 9.3.0 emuNAND, is it possible to install only theshop for 9.7.0-25 so that I can download anything on Eshop (specially pokebank) or does it require to be on emuNAND 9.7.0-25? because I know MT-Card still has no support for the latest version.

Thanks so much for the reply

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, thank you so much for this guide it helped me a lot :)
I just have a question though, I'm using MT-Card flash and I'm on 9.3.0 emuNAND, is it possible to install only theshop for 9.7.0-25 so that I can download anything on Eshop (specially pokebank) or does it require to be on emuNAND 9.7.0-25? because I know MT-Card still has no support for the latest version.

Thanks so much for the reply
You would need to spoof the FW version to use eshop and that currently requires an N3DS with NTR 2.0.

Or, if you have an old 3DS:
  • Back up your emuNAND with emuNAND tool.
  • Use rxTools' rxMode to start emuNAND, go to settings and update. (ONLY IF YOUR VERSION IS RX-E, not ver. or RX-S)
  • Then download updates, use rxTools to dump emuNAND's Ticket.db* (redump if Ticket.db is 0 bytes, check with computer).
  • Use emuNAND tool to inject your 9.3 emuNAND backup into the SD card
  • And use rxTools once more to reinject the ticket.db into the emuNAND**. Now you'll have 9.3 again and all the updates.
*Dumping Options->Dump NAND Files->Y->ticket.db
**Injection Options->Inject NAND Files->Y->ticket.db

YunXi

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow I actually didn't get that, sorry not much of the techy, but clear instructions though, guess i have to see through it one by one. Never tried rxTools.

I tried last time when I update to 9.7.0 emuNAND, it goes black screen.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it a 100% brick if use 3DNUS to update my 9.0 sysnand to 9.2 ? Or it's a possibility ? I just wanna do a system transfer using the spoof method, my O3DS is 9.2, my N3DS is 9.0

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the title ID for the 9.2.0-22 internet browser? Someone told me that I can install that to sysnand (Even on a 4.5 3DS) and be able to use the ACNL Ram editor.

Or like the above user said, would I be able to update sysnand to 9.2 using this without brick?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Does anyone know the title ID for the 9.2.0-22 internet browser? Someone told me that I can install that to sysnand (Even on a 4.5 3DS) and be able to use the ACNL Ram editor.

Or like the above user said, would I be able to update sysnand to 9.2 using this without brick?
title ids do not change, the version does not matter :)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
title ids do not change, the version does not matter :)

Hm so you're saying that I just type in 9.2.0-22 and I'll get the cia's I need to install on sysnand? Thing is, I'm not trying to update sysnand, but just the browser itself. I'm wondering how I can use 3DNUS to get the appropriate CIA files to install on 4.5 sysnand, for the 9.2 browser.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hm so you're saying that I just type in 9.2.0-22 and I'll get the cia's I need to install on sysnand? Thing is, I'm not trying to update sysnand, but just the browser itself. I'm wondering how I can use 3DNUS to get the appropriate CIA files to install on 4.5 sysnand, for the 9.2 browser.
I have never used 3dnus, I'm just saying the title Id does not change, sorry

ground

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can download the browser .cia only. the title id depends on the 3ds type, use spider for the old3ds and skater for the new 3ds.
the titleid's and their versions can be found here:
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list

I am working on a standalone app with a database included, but that is gonna take a long time (as i don't have much time lately)

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just tell 3DNUS to download TitleID 9.2.0-22 and version is your region (eg, USA, EUR, JAP, KOR, etc). Then find the browser CIA in the resulting folder. You can do a filename search using the TitleID to find it.

I can't seem to find the title ID for the internet browser. I downloaded a folder full of 9.2.0-22 cia's, I can't figure out with one is the internet browser.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's supposed to be 9.2.0-20, not 22. I didn't think to check and used what you guys were saying in your posts. -22 is for 9.5.
Regardless, the TitleID for old 3DS browser is 0004003000009402 (USA), 0004003000008802 (JPN), 0004003000009D02 (EUR). You could download that with version 4096 to get the browser from 7.1 (the last time it was updated until 9.5)

Reactions: MattKimura

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try downloading 9.2 US files, I can't seem to get it to work. I start 3DNUS, input 9.2.0-20 as titleid, and version is put as USA. I press download. I wait a few minutes but "Downloading 0004001000021000 v8203
Title has 2 contents.
Downloading file1..." is the only thing I see except a folder with nothing in it.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I try downloading 9.2 US files, I can't seem to get it to work. I start 3DNUS, input 9.2.0-20 as titleid, and version is put as USA. I press download. I wait a few minutes but "Downloading 0004001000021000 v8203
Title has 2 contents.
Downloading file1..." is the only thing I see except a folder with nothing in it.
This is happening to me as well but with every title ID I try. It's probably an issue on Nintendo's end. Try again in a while.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's probably the eShop maintenance causing this.

Reactions: Psi-hate

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it OK that the checkboxes "Old 3DS" and "New 3DS" are not activated and "Old 3DS" is chosen? I want to download the systems settings app for the N3DS.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to be 9.2.0-20, not 22. I didn't think to check and used what you guys were saying in your posts. -22 is for 9.5.
Regardless, the TitleID for old 3DS browser is 0004003000009402 (USA), 0004003000008802 (JPN), 0004003000009D02 (EUR). You could download that with version 4096 to get the browser from 7.1 (the last time it was updated until 9.5)

Oh wow, I nearly missed this reply entirely. I turned off auto thread subscription so I don't get spammed notifications on threads I don't care for.
Anyways, thanks for this info, I can't seem to get an answer from anyone else on how to get the 9.2.0-20 browser.
I'll give v4065 a try, should do the trick! I appreciate the answer on this.

Edit: Is this permanently installed to sysnand? Like what if my friend accidentally updates her sysnand (I won't let her do that again, she knows better), will the browser be overwritten with the firmware she updates to? I just want to know how permanent this can be for future reference. Or let's say I format emunand again, and my emunand will be on 4.5 (With 7.1 browser) then update via emunand system settings.

Also, if I install this and the game exploit didn't work and needed a newer version of the browser, would I be able to just install another browser cia at any time to upgrade/downgrade it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1