ROM Hack 3DNUS

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know the cia that contains the firmware to install 9.5.0-23 in emuNAND? Last time when I installed every cia, I had two eShop and two Setting apps. Luckily, I had an emuNAND backup.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could I spoof a firmware using this? If I wanted to use it to downgrade from 9.0.0-20 to the 4.5 firmware, what would I put in the "change version" box?. Or is what I'm asking not possible.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to import the latest eShop version with this tool and run it on other fw versions?

can 3DSNUS be used to download eshop titles?

• Pretty sure you can, but there's no point. eshop checks all installed system title versions afaik before letting you in.
  • No, not in its current build. The screen someone posted a bit back is from a private build they did themselves.
Cearp made something that lets you download all titles associated with your ticket.db. (FunkyCIA 2.1)
There's no point in downloading eshop titles you don't have the ticket for, if I'm not mistaken. Even if you could generate random signatures so it'd only be usable on firmwares with sig checks patched, that'd just be enabling piracy so I doubt any dev would release such a thing here, as while the thread might not get deleted/locked (it wouldn't contain copyright infringing code), the author would probably get flamed or flooded with tons of help requests they don't want to deal with.
And that's what I get for assuming. Apparently if you don't have a legit associated ticket, you can't download anything besides the system titles. Maybe the free titles but I doubt that even. The problem isn't with the downloaded app but with the CDN itself

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How could I spoof a firmware using this? If I wanted to use it to downgrade from 9.0.0-20 to the 4.5 firmware, what would I put in the "change version" box?. Or is what I'm asking not possible.

'spoof'ing is just changing the version numbers, so yes, the change version box. I've heard there's a bug in the current public build that stops change version function from properly functioning, so you'd have to do that manually.

you can use gateway's web launcher to downgrade from 9.0 to 4.2. If you want to go to another version specifically the process is a bit more involved.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, would it be possible to get the title IDs that added the 7.x encryption and update those without updating the rest of your system/removing the vulnerabilities?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

I downloaded the latest version v1.9, and the New 3DS option is just greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

xUcQcnF.jpg

Am actually trying to do this...

This is what I ended up doing. Uninstalled the whitelist and installed the original, pulled from the CDN. Yeah, it can be updated but it's not like I plan on installing >9.2 on sysNAND unless something else comes along.

Use 3DNUS and download titleID 0004800F484E4841, set version to 0 and pack as a CIA. Place it on your SD card somewhere. Use a CIA installer (like BRM or FBI) to uninstall this title from NAND and install the one you made. Quadruple check that you removed the correct Title. I cannot stress this enough.

Congrats, you've downgraded to the DS Whitelist from 1.0 and it's 102% legit.

Currently, am not sure whether this can be done on the New 3DS. Am waiting for Hashtastrophe to reply :)

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I downloaded the latest version v1.9, and the New 3DS option is just greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

xUcQcnF.jpg

Am actually trying to do this...

Currently, am not sure whether this can be done on the New 3DS. Am waiting for Hashtastrophe to reply :)

New/Old is greyed out because you're downloading a specific system title. It is there ONLY for when you type a firmware revision into the Title ID box.
whitelist v0 will install and work fine on n3ds. But I've heard some flashcarts have weird issues on new3ds, even with it patched.

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally wanted to update my sysNAND from 8.1 to 9.2 to gain access to the browser exploit for RAM injections, but it looks like I'll be unable to do that. Updating my emuNAND with this method should be safe though (then run with rxTools to gain access to the exploit)? Also, do I even need to deal with the firmware when I could just update my browser to the 9.2 browser using this method? Will I be able to dump/inject from/to retail carts from the browser if the browser was the only thing updated?

-Sorun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried installing 9.5 through devmenu so I could play xenoblade and in the middle of importing I got a -7 error. Now I have copes of 2 of Face raiders, eshop, camera, download play, and a few other things. How do I remove these? Decided to just update through xenoblade rom and it worked but those icons are annoying.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ground

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried installing 9.5 through devmenu so I could play xenoblade and in the middle of importing I got a -7 error. Now I have copes of 2 of Face raiders, eshop, camera, download play, and a few other things. How do I remove these? Decided to just update through xenoblade rom and it worked but those icons are annoying.
use the newest devmenu, the original (2.X or something) is not capable of installing the newest cia file.
this will only work for emunand!. Changing the version titles breaks the signatures (which gateway bypasses)

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions.

First off, how would I find the version numbers for the signed cia games? I have Mario Kart 7 on cart, but it freezes occasionally. I can't update without updating my N3DS, which I don't want to do. The cia version has the update pre-installed, so I wanted to download it. I can find the title id using http://3ds.essh.co/, but I can't find a working version number to download it.

Secondly, is there a way to know ahead of time if trying to downgrade the DS whitelist will allow it to run my flashcart? I have a DSTT, and promised my little brother that I'd give him my DS once I could get my flashcart working on my N3DS. (I used to lend it to my siblings, and now the hinge is busted. They hate that I never lend it to them anymore, but if I can get my flashcart working on my N3DS, I have no need to worry about it anymore.)

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two questions.

First off, how would I find the version numbers for the signed cia games? I have Mario Kart 7 on cart, but it freezes occasionally. I can't update without updating my N3DS, which I don't want to do. The cia version has the update pre-installed, so I wanted to download it. I can find the title id using http://3ds.essh.co/, but I can't find a working version number to download it.

Secondly, is there a way to know ahead of time if trying to downgrade the DS whitelist will allow it to run my flashcart? I have a DSTT, and promised my little brother that I'd give him my DS once I could get my flashcart working on my N3DS. (I used to lend it to my siblings, and now the hinge is busted. They hate that I never lend it to them anymore, but if I can get my flashcart working on my N3DS, I have no need to worry about it anymore.)
For the first question: you wouldn't use 3DNUS to get those games. They're already packed into CIA format by people that purchased the bundle systems and you can find them on sites that host piratey content. (eg. a top google result, green website. SHA-1 for MK7's CIA: EC0619E0377FD509D4809216CECA719F72477D63)

If you wanted to make your own CIA you'd need the ticket.db from a bundle system, the TitleID of the game, and FunkyCIA2 used with the -preinstalled option. And also luck because the generic ticket sometimes is replaced with a console unique version like other eShop games. (happened to myself. RIP Dream Team ticket)

No idea about that flashcart though. If it worked on the DSi it should work if you downgrade the whitelist (unless TWL_FIRM blocked it). There's not much you can do for the N3DS if that doesn't work. :(

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I doubt that my flashcart will work then, it's made for a DS Lite, not DSi. I suppose I'll just have to get a new one. Maybe if I ever decide to get a Gateway, if the card-less homebrew options take longer than my patience to wait.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kontrolfreek.com/products/south-park-kenny-edition-thumbsticks?utm_source=facebook&ut...