Valmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi all

in a first o3ds black:
i used this to install all downloaded files to upgrade from 4.2.0-9USA to 9.5.0-23USA, I brick with a black screen :angry: . I messed up. The 9.5.0-23USA it was for N3DS . But I was in emunand because corrupted sysnand :O?

in a second o3ds green:
installed all downloaded files to upgrade from 4.2.0-9USA to 9.5.0-23USA, I brick with a black screen too :angry:. But I was in emunand because corrupted sysnand :O ?

I made a hardmod to try to recover the nand.bin made with gateway:

in first o3ds, time to use the Win32DiskImager, I pressed the button reader and "overwrite" the nand.bin. lost the bkp of nand.bin, because only had one.

I'm getting ready to try the second o3ds. I hope to have better luck with it

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ground, anything I can do to help make it work on XP?
I could test any number of builds you throw at me...
The original NUSDownloader_v19 works perfectly here.
Thanks for considering.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi all

in a first o3ds black:
i used this to install all downloaded files to upgrade from 4.2.0-9USA to 9.5.0-23USA, I brick with a black screen :angry: . I messed up. The 9.5.0-23USA it was for N3DS . But I was in emunand because corrupted sysnand :O?

in a second o3ds green:
installed all downloaded files to upgrade from 4.2.0-9USA to 9.5.0-23USA, I brick with a black screen too :angry:. But I was in emunand because corrupted sysnand :O ?

in first o3ds, time to use the Win32DiskImager, I pressed the button reader and "overwrite" the nand.bin. lost the bkp of nand.bin, because only had one.

Did you format EmuNAND before you attempted to upgrade?
Because I'm pretty sure if you don't it will boot you into classic mode, in which you updated your sysnand..

DeadliestFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody help a noob out?

I'm on Version. 9.0.0-20E and i want to update to 9.5.0-23E
What do I need to type in the boxes?

Do I type in my current FW in the Title ID box and the firmware I want to update to in the Change Version Numbers to box?

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anybody help a noob out?

I'm on Version. 9.0.0-20E and i want to update to 9.5.0-23E
What do I need to type in the boxes?

Do I type in my current FW in the Title ID box and the firmware I want to update to in the Change Version Numbers to box?

Title ID: 9.5.0-23
Version: your region, so either EUR/USA/JPN.
Obviously, tick Old or New 3DS depending on which 3DS you have.
Also tick pack as CIA.
Don't tick change version number, it's not necessary for what you're trying to achieve. Also leave that field blank.

EIAQ6Is.png

This is what the settings should look like for a European New 3DS.
Also, make absolutely sure you have a working EmuNAND setup before you attempt this because if you don't you will update sysnand. Don't end up like the guy above me.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bit of a hackjob because ground hasn't officially released the source code for newer versions of 3DNUS, but I spent the past few hours doing this (0004000e00055d00v4192 is Pokemon X Update v1.4)

kJ7kOj1.png

Ground, if this is a feature you want implemented in the official version, shoot me a PM and we can figure out how to get it into the official release (since you don't have a github for me to make a pull request at).

Wtf, how can you do it ?
I tried, but not working...
I can dump my Title.db if needed

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf, how can you do it ?

I modified the source of 3DNUS to add support for it (I had to decompile a newer version and use that to modify the released source because ground has only posted the source for an older version).

I'm waiting for ground to comment on it right now since he hasn't responded about whether he'd be interested in adding support to the official release.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nice program. I just want to make everything clear before I screw something up. My emuNAND is updated to 9.5 but I have the update nag to 9.6 which Gateway doesn't like yet. My plan is to backup my saves with savedatafiler, reformat emuNAND (so that it's version 4.2) and then download the .cia files that I get from 3DNUS to update it back to 9.5.0-22 USA. After that I would restore my save files and no longer have the update nag. Would this work?

Edit: I got impatient and tried it. OP, can I have your babies? I love you. I am now on emuNAND 9.5.0-23U and sysNAND 4.2.x. Crossing my fingers that the save backup works.
did you install with devmenu (I don't think so) or with that firmware update homebrew?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
did you install with devmenu (I don't think so) or with that firmware update homebrew?
i used BBM. The title manager. I put all the .cia files in one folder on my SD card and just pressed "install all." It crashed when I tried to get into system settings, but once I restarted it all worked out.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i used BBM. The title manager. I put all the .cia files in one folder on my SD card and just pressed "install all." It crashed when I tried to get into system settings, but once I restarted it all worked out.

but lots of people have had trouble installing fw via cia because devmenu etc does not update the firm area correctly, or gw does something weird that makes it go wrong, but for you it worked. weird

Reactions: bannana2

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
but lots of people have had trouble installing fw via cia because devmenu etc does not update the firm area correctly, or gw does something weird that makes it go wrong, but for you it worked. weird

Wow, I should count my lucky stars. Should have done more reading first. Just to be sure, devmenu is the same as title manager right? I always assumed they were two different things just like how the Wii has many different wad managers. I doubt this affects it but I did previously have 9.5 before I got the update nag and formatted it to get it to 4.2. Perhaps people are having issues getting the program to install all of the files. Or maybe it's a matter of time before my system explodes.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what is the worst that could have happened?

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I downloaded the 5.1 cias but then they updated my firmware to 6.1.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Wow, I should count my lucky stars. Should have done more reading first. Just to be sure, devmenu is the same as title manager right? I always assumed they were two different things just like how the Wii has many different wad managers. I doubt this affects it but I did previously have 9.5 before I got the update nag and formatted it to get it to 4.2. Perhaps people are having issues getting the program to install all of the files. Or maybe it's a matter of time before my system explodes.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what is the worst that could have happened?

you would have got a blackscreen on emunand, no real problem, you can just create it again etc. in future you can make an emunand backup without an nag, and if you get a nag you can just restore that backup. naturally the nicest way would be to remove the nag from the nand, it must be possible somehow
bigbluemenu is just devmenu with bigblue's pictures and a new sound, it's embarrassing they did that.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
you would have got a blackscreen on emunand, no real problem, you can just create it again etc. in future you can make an emunand backup without an nag, and if you get a nag you can just restore that backup. naturally the nicest way would be to remove the nag from the nand, it must be possible somehow
bigbluemenu is just devmenu with bigblue's pictures and a new sound, it's embarrassing they did that.

Yeah I was informed later that I never even had to use 3DNUS. I figured that since I got the nag if I backed it up and used it again it would keep the nag. But now I have my current nag-less emuNAND backed up so I shouldn't have any problems. I'm still praying that they fix 9.6 soon though. As for Bigbluemenu, I didn't know that. That's pretty lame, but I'm to lazy or care enough to switch haha.

mickael28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wtf, how can you do it ?

A couple of doubts, do you guys know of any page where you can see the version IDs of specific title IDs? I've just seen lists of title IDs but without mention of any version...

And , I was trying the same example as you were downloading above, using 3DNUS 1.9, but fails straight away as follows. Do you know what the problem could be?

3dnus_error.png

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just tried to install 9.5.0-22 on emuNAND. When I went into System Settings it displayed as GW3D 9.5.0-22U. When I restarted and tried to enter Gateway Mode again, it acts like it's working but I just get returned to sysNAND? Any idea why this happened?

Edit: Just restored backup and tried updating to 9.4.0-21 and it seems to work fine.

Valmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi all

in a first o3ds black:

in a second o3ds green:

unfortunately,
no luck with the second
was unable to solder the CLK,
so I tried to remove the cartridge slot and ended up damaging it
i give up.
Impairment.

Title ID: 9.5.0-23
Version: your region, so either EUR/USA/JPN.
Obviously, tick Old or New 3DS depending on which 3DS you have.
Also tick pack as CIA.
Don't tick change version number, it's not necessary for what you're trying to achieve. Also leave that field blank.

EIAQ6Is.png

This is what the settings should look like for a European New 3DS.
Also, make absolutely sure you have a working EmuNAND setup before you attempt this because if you don't you will update sysnand. Don't end up like the guy above me.

did just that
with the difference that instead of EUR was USA
I used the bigbluemenu pressing the select (roms selection)
the only difference that you suggested, is that I not formatted the emunand,

not found it necessary
it had made no upgrade it.
:cry:

lost two 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Barbies Shave Shop, Bakini Wax and Clam slam