3D Bluray Playback .....

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by pwsincd, Dec 26, 2013.

1. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    So my son got a ps4 and a 3D tv for xmas(not all from me lol) . Now knowing what he was getting i blindly bought some 3D bluray films for the experience .. only to discover that unlike the ps3 (that we had to eventually hook up to the TV) the PS4 doesnt come outta the box with bluray playback .. i minor update later we find it dont support 3D . i ve read around and found that yes Sony have stated that it doesnt come at launch ..

So does anyone know anything , will it come , is it coming , whens it due bla bla... was a little dissappointed to say the least to have to set up the ps3 to play them when i got their next gen console .. WTF...

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Expect to keep your PS3 hooked up for a while, that's all I can say.

Though I would've set it up anyway, since there's still some life in it and no BC on PS4.

And wow, your son must've been a very good boy this year to be getting such gifts for Christmas, and doesn't take it for granted.

3. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    well lol , its my step son , so his dad got him the ps4 , i got him the TV .. so its awkward.. always ends up getting prolly more than he should .... but hey thats by the by... kinda strange they didnt include it.....

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    it is strange, but Sony will include it eventually.