3D 3DS Trailers and movies

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by SwordSkill, Sep 16, 2011.

Sep 16, 2011

3D 3DS Trailers and movies by SwordSkill at 2:33 PM (1,037 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. SwordSkill
    OP

Newcomer SwordSkill Member

Greece
    Hello, I was wondering for some time if there are out any 3D Trailers that I can watch on my 3DS as 3D and where can I download them. Also I lack the knowledge of how to actually watch them, do I get to watch them through 3DS camera at the same place where I watch the pics? Meaning that I get to put the movies at the same place I put the images?
    Or all of this is limited to cartridges? Meaning that there is no way to watch anything else that pictures?

Thanks in advance!

2. nano351

Member nano351 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I remember in the 3ds shop there was a starfox 64 3d trailer somewhere that was actually in 3d. The shop and nintendo video are probably going to be your only sources of 3d videos for a while

3. T.Kuranari

Member T.Kuranari GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    You can watch 3D trailers only with the Nintendo Video application and on the eShop. You can't watch your own videos. For more information visit nintendo.com

4. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    No confirmation - but my guess would be that you can watch your own videos AFTER the November major firmware update which brings video recording functionality.

5. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    yes, but only videos MADE with the 3DS video recorder. it would have to be hacked then before we can probably start putting in 3D trailers/movies there.

6. SwordSkill
    OP

Newcomer SwordSkill Member

Greece
    Interesting, however I don't plan to update my system in this lifetime to gain access to the possible future hacks...

7. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    in any case, we'll know for sure when it comes. i wouldn't be surprised though if playback is limited like that.

it would be damn nice if Nintendo decides to use a format that is already being used by current 3D titles (BluRay 3D, for example). and that, like the Nintendo 3DS Camera, we can just copypasta those files in their respective folders and the app will read it just fine.

8. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    The current pre-TGS trailers are all coming to the eShop pretty soon