32GB Memory stick compatibility advice...

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by steve2606, Jun 10, 2012.

Jun 10, 2012
  1. steve2606
    OP

Newcomer steve2606 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi,

I recently got a brand new PSP 2000 MPN: PSP-2003PB, and would like to know if a particular type of memory stick pro duo is compatible with this older model of PSP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MSHX32B-Memory-without-Adapter/dp/B003F8SUMO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thanks in advance.

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    It's compatible, however you will not be able to benefit from the increased bandwidth of the HG-stick much. Beware of fake sticks, do check if the seller is genuine.

3. steve2606
    OP

Newcomer steve2606 Advanced Member

United States
    Thank you for the quick reply! What do you mean by increased bandwith? It copies files quicker?

Thanks again.

4. dickfour

Banned dickfour Banned

United States
    From what I've read it'll work. I'm using a photofast adapter with two 16gb micosd cards. That setup works fine and costs $25

5. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    HG Sticks have a wider bus and work at a higher frequency, thus they work quicker, however I'm pretty sure that the difference on the PSP is negligable since it's a rather old piece of hardware.

Technobabble:
    If you can afford it, get an original stick. If you'd rather just have the capacity, go for the adapter + SD cards. Genuine adapters work just as well as original sticks and the setup is cheaper, although much like in the case of sticks, some resellers do sell fake adapters, so you need to keep your eyes open and return defective merchandise.