Gaming 30$ Gift Card. Help choose a game.

BearJaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need your assistance in purchasing a great DS game with my 30$ gift card. It can either be a Wifi or non-Wifi game. Let me start off by stating that I am very picky when it comes to games for the DS. Since the DS tends to all audiences and I am but one audience member, I believe there are a lot of games that I'm just not interested in. I am willing to put in any extra money if the game's price exceeds 30$.

Please read before posting your reply:
-I am not a fan of Pokemon or Pokemon-related games, this includes most RPG's (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood).
-I own Final Fantasy 3 and have yet to beat it and decided that before I get FF4, I must finish 3.
-I currently own 18 games. Some of my favorites are: Electroplankton, Gunpey, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, Tetris DS, Mario Kart, Space Invaders Extreme, New Super Mario Bros, Trauma Center, Warioware Touched, and Sonic Rush.
-I have both Brain Age games....boring.
-I will not buy Kirby Superstar Ultra since I own the original for SNES and I heard it's better.
-I have Geometry Wars for Wii and can play the basic game on my DS, I don't want the full version.
-I'm not a youngin' so "kiddie" games probably wouldn't appeal to me (but there have been exceptions (Disney Meteos)).

I know there are tons of great games for the DS that I have yet to discover. If you can provide me with your most zenith suggestion, I will research as so and get back to you when I have made my decision. Thank you for your time and your recommendations.

AbraCadvr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sell your 30$ gift card to someone and buy a flashcart
tongue.gif

BearJaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~Kuraudo's Sword~ said:
If I were you I'd buy some big in your face headphones. like you know those airplane headphones but fatter and funkier
smile.gif

I already have headphones that I used a couple times while DJing in High School. They're fat and funky enough.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
metroid prime? fun, online, local wi-fi, cardless play, and if you have friends with it you can chat with em, with the mic. and its good quality.

BearJaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime Hunters was my choice for a while until I read somewhere that it has an arduous "controls" learning curve and that it often will feel like you're developing carpel tunnel syndrome. Professor Layton looks like a pretty good choice. I'm researching that game now. MPH is still on my mind.

BearJaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jordanlp said:
How much cash ya' got, DealExtreme has a DSTT Flashcart for $6.80!

I got way more than that. All I need is a flashcart to put Homebrew on my DS? I have Homebrew for my Wii but I'm new to hacking my DS. If yes, then I'm going to order it right away.

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BearJaw said:
Metroid Prime Hunters was my choice for a while until I read somewhere that it has an arduous "controls" learning curve and that it often will feel like you're developing carpel tunnel syndrome. Professor Layton looks like a pretty good choice. I'm researching that game now. MPH is still on my mind.

Metroid Prime Hunters DOES have terrible controls. I had to stop playing for a while because it was waaaaay too awkward for me. Eventually I picked it up and changed the controls scheme, which made it better, but was still troublesome. I stopped playing simply because of this reason. The wifi stuff is good though.
tongue.gif

I don't have it, but N+ looks good. You can build your own stages and stuff. *shrugs*

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok here's the plan get a game or gift that someone wants ...sell it to them for cost price or a bit more if you can ..and buy a flash card and a nice 8gb sdhc and then get all the games you want
smile.gif

or if you have already ordered a DS card then buy an 8gb SDHC with the voucher and get a nice case to keep your ds safe in and some other bits like a spare custom stylus
smile.gif

B

ball2012003

you should go with the flash cart you'll enjoy it more dstt or acekard 2
NO R4

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
many $20 games worthy of your money.....

Space Invaders Extreme
Big Bang Mini
Araknoid DS
Elite Beat Agents (some places have it as low as $15)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.