Hacking 3.4

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF they can find another exploit, that is. Maybe they got an exploit for another game that they've been keeping for a situation like this. One can only hope.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Modchips will continue to keep working.

Homebrew will not. (Until fixed)
Nice edit. hopefully they will be a workaround like the psps scene , no update is perfect people.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we need an installer to install only the new mii channel, update and patch ios50 (maybe not necessary if it hasn't been changed from 3.3v2) and to install the new system menu.
then maybe all the benefits can be obtained without any problems. the only issue is whether this new system menu really does contain stealth update code or not... maybe that can be patched out.

edit: i think we need to see an installer that downloads all ioses from 3.3v2 - 3.4 and patches them and then installs them so that if you play a new game or nintendo attempts a stealth update, they will think you have the newest ios versions already.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda respect that Nintendo's approach is to simply patch the security holes and delete homebrew (and pirated channels), rather than to go RIAA and start suing kids for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
I kinda respect that Nintendo's approach is to simply patch the security holes and delete homebrew (and pirated channels), rather than to go RIAA and start suing kids for hundreds of thousands of dollars.
You're just glad that they aren't suing us, aren't you?

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RickBruiser said:
Updated. I have a wiikey. Homebrew still works.
So now we have to figure out if this adds anything that would make a Wii auto-update? I have been on 3.2U for the longest and hope to milk it.
tongue.gif

Kolma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Kolma.info
XP
Country
United States
Im wondering if it does increase SD speed like I've heard.
I havent updated yet but if Nintendo does decide to remove the HBC during some update not much is lost. I only used it for a Media Player which i could do on PC, and i woulda liked to import Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom but im iffy on that now.
I JUST finally updated to latest 3.3 from freedom that is 3.2 and now they bring out this :/
ill just wait on other features cuz SD speed transfering games is a HUGE plus to me as i have many many VC games and WW

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
What about the twilight hack?

According to WiiBrew, the newest version of the Twilight Hack does not copy onto a Wii with the 3.4 firmware installed.

Also, on the Wiimpersonator log, I have noticed that there are two other titles that were removed, but the log did not show them.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you need to update to 3.4in order for WiiSpeak and the WiiSpeak Channel to work? i thought people were saying that since it is new hardware the Wii will have to update in order for it to function.

thoughts?

requiem4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
so we need an installer to install only the new mii channel, update and patch ios50 (maybe not necessary if it hasn't been changed from 3.3v2) and to install the new system menu.
then maybe all the benefits can be obtained without any problems. the only issue is whether this new system menu really does contain stealth update code or not... maybe that can be patched out.

ppc_gba, I've almost done exactly that. Looking over the new system menu right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that