Hacking 3.4

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
So running the update from Animal Crossing won't stop me from using cIOS36 rev4 + Wii DVD Dumper from Waninkoko?

Would 3.4 stop me from using cIOS36 rev4+ DVD Dumper?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stefer said:
So running the update from Animal Crossing won't stop me from using cIOS36 rev4 + Wii DVD Dumper from Waninkoko?

no...installing animal crossing update will do nothing except disable trucha-signed games being run through sysmenu, if you even still had that.

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
stefer said:

it will not stop you from running waninkoko's dumper. i have updated from the game and it wont stop it from runing as i was able to dump te game after updating from the disc.

as for 3.4, im not 100% sure. alot of people say it will, alot of people sy they updated to 3.4 and were still able to access alot of their homebrew.

guang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poolman said:
im not sure if this these exact questions have been asked. Ive read through all 25 pages of this thread and i still have a couple unanswered (ive looked and looked) questions. I understand that the TH wont work any longer once the update is installed. I also understand that the update deletes hacked game saves and that the only auto update without users consent is only on v3.4. I hear the update also deletes a certain CIOS if it finds it but i dont think it looks for the CIOS that the loaders use, still, these are my questions:

If you have the homebrew channel installed already and a loader channel installed, when u run the 3.4 update 1) will the loaders still work? 2) will apps still run in the homebrew channel? 3) if the loader channels dont work can u load the iso with a loader using the homebrew channel?

also, ive heard there is a 3.4 update on animal crossing. is there a way to play that game and any others with updates without updating? When i buy this game would i have to update reqgardless?

If these questions have been answered already please direct to the right reply or if these answers are in another thread please let me know.
I updated to 3.4U last night from 3.3v1. I can confirm your question.
If you have the homebrew channel installed already and a loader channel installed, when u run the 3.4 update
1) will the loaders still work?
Yes. Backup loaders (wiigator 0.3 gamma and softchip) work .
2) will apps still run in the homebrew channel?
I tested several apps, they work except all region changer.
3) if the loader channels dont work can u load the iso with a loader using the homebrew channel?
Backup loader channels work!!! Also loader app using homebrew channel also work.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Was getting into playing around with homebrew and internet access when I came across this post. My god..26 pages of reading!

Anyway, seems like auto-update only affects 3.4 firmware users. I'm on 3.1j and everything works fine for now. Guess I'll skip the Internet for now. Can't understand Japanese and don't really want to risk updating to the latest firmware by accident.

Newbie to homebrew here and might be a little off topic but could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm looking at the homebrew channel as it seems to be a replacement for the TP hack?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a status report of my quick run with 3.4E (Same as I did on 3.3v2 (23oct) which gave me a 3.2E+Starfall-system with all the new IOS:es and Shop Channel working without using the custom IOS-installers.):
  • I started out with a 3.2E with Starfall and cIOS rev7 (Waninkoko); which was downgraded from 3.3E with cIOS Downgrader v1.2 and IOS Downgrader v1.
  • I removed all dubious channels (read HB-injects and whatnot) which rendered my Wii with only Homebrew channel and a few unmodified out of region WiiWare titles other than what I've bought from Wii Shop Channel. This was made with WAD Manager to remove all tickets as well.
  • Paranoia-removed my Zelda TP-save, which is a TH-save with my played stuff in slot 3, from Wii NAND.
  • Paranoia-ejected my SD-card with all HBC stuff on it.
  • Upgraded system menu with the official menu option.
  • Checked that version was 3.4E after reboot.
  • Inserted SD and ran cIOS Downgrader from HBC to reinstall SM 3.2E.
  • Ran IOS Downgrader to reinsert the signing bug into most IOS:es.
  • Ran Starfall installer and applied all patches.
  • Reinstalled the Menu Patcher v1-channel I've been using with WAD Manager.
  • Copied Twilight Hack back to my Wii. *EDIT*
Now i have my Wii:
  • System menu 3.2E.
  • Starfall running perfectly.
  • HBC and all homebrew running perfectly.
  • Shop Channel working.
  • WAD installation working.
  • Menu Patcher, and thus backup loading from disc channel, working.
  • All the new IOS:es from the 3.4E update.
  • Twilight Hack working. *EDIT*
Your mileage may vary.

sadcrag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
camar3na said:
so now instead of buying animal crossing i will have to download the iso and play it with the backup loader? looks like Nintendo has too much money that they don't want mine anymore...

got ahead of myself everyone else already answered this dumb quote.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
joda said:
Just a status report of my quick run with 3.4E (Same as I did on 3.3v2 (23oct) which gave me a 3.2E+Starfall-system with all the new IOS:es and Shop Channel working without using the custom IOS-installers.):
  • I started out with a 3.2E with Starfall and cIOS rev7 (Waninkoko); which was downgraded from 3.3E with cIOS Downgrader v1.2 and IOS Downgrader v1.
  • I removed all dubious channels (read HB-injects and whatnot) which rendered my Wii with only Homebrew channel and a few unmodified out of region WiiWare titles other than what I've bought from Wii Shop Channel. This was made with WAD Manager to remove all tickets as well.
  • Paranoia-removed my Zelda TP-save, which is a TH-save with my played stuff in slot 3, from Wii NAND.
Now i have my Wii:
  • System menu 3.2E.
  • Shop Channel working.
Your mileage may vary.

It let you put twlight hacked save back on after the downgrade?

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
joda said:
Now i have my Wii:
  • System menu 3.2E.
  • Shop Channel working.
Your mileage may vary.

It let you put twlight hacked save back on after the downgrade?

Had forgotten to try that. Did now though, and it works perfectly; and this is with the original TH-save, not my old one which had TH + normal game slot with normal TP-banner.

Djarum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Diffusion said:
poolman said:
also, ive heard there is a 3.4 update on animal crossing. is there a way to play that game and any others with updates without updating? When i buy this game would i have to update reqgardless?

Nope.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Updating_IOS_by_hand

I just tried this myself and Animal Crossing is still wanting me to update instead of allowing me to load from the disc channel. 3.2U here.

redrumbrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a list that shows disc updates ?
i found a list that shows updates but that was using the wifi connect on the wii, i am looking for a list of disc updates that is up to date.
thanks

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Djarum said:
Diffusion said:
poolman said:

Nope.

I just tried this myself and Animal Crossing is still wanting me to update instead of allowing me to load from the disc channel. 3.2U here.

thats odd, it should work. google this: "animal crossing update files.rar torrent"

that will get you all the files from the update partition of the NTSC-U game disc. if your system menu is set to #.2U, maybe you need to use the IOS 38 from a U game disc.

Djarum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whitegoose said:
Djarum said:
Diffusion said:
poolman said:

Nope.

thats odd, it should work. google this: "animal crossing update files.rar torrent"

that will get you all the files from the update partition of the NTSC-U game disc. if your system menu is set to #.2U, maybe you need to use the IOS 38 from a U game disc.

I ripped all the update files from my own retail disc. I followed the instructions on Wiibrew to the T and everything seemed to work ok, but Animal Crossing still gives a "System Update" in the disc channel instead of allowing me to start the game. I can start the game with WiiGator just fine with what seems like no ill effects. I am just wondering what is going on.

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Djarum said:
whitegoose said:
Djarum said:
Diffusion said:
poolman said:

Nope.

I ripped all the update files from my own retail disc. I followed the instructions on Wiibrew to the T and everything seemed to work ok, but Animal Crossing still gives a "System Update" in the disc channel instead of allowing me to start the game. I can start the game with WiiGator just fine with what seems like no ill effects. I am just wondering what is going on.

it does technically upgrade you to system menu v3.3v1, so that could be why. scrub the game and remove the update and you should be golden. if you have already installed IOS38 then youve recieved the benefits from the update. your best bet is to scrub or brick block and you should be good.

Djarum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But I have the actual game, I just want to use that. I also don't have a mod chip or anything of that nature. I would like to be able to run the game through the disc channel like normal without updating to 3.3 or 3.4.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Djarum said:
whitegoose said:
Djarum said:
Diffusion said:
poolman said:

Nope.

Use Starfall to block disc updates.

Animal Crossing should work on 3.2, all it needs is IOS38.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i just downgraded from 3.3E to 3.2E and got starfall applied to block disk updates and also installed the recovery menu so I could perform the twilight hack should I ever get WAD bricked.

I shall stay on 3.2E. I'm hoping the updates are soon gonna be like the PSP, where every firmware release was hacked and a custom firmware released in it's place so that homebrew can continue.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w_n_s said:
so i just downgraded from 3.3E to 3.2E and got starfall applied to block disk updates and also installed the recovery menu so I could perform the twilight hack should I ever get WAD bricked.

I shall stay on 3.2E. I'm hoping the updates are soon gonna be like the PSP, where every firmware release was hacked and a custom firmware released in it's place so that homebrew can continue.
Forsaekn is working on that... as soon as bootmii is released Fors is releasing his cSM(custom system menu)

if you want more info on the cSM project here's a link http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115813

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro