urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
urherenow said:
I can run trucha patched discs on 4.2 just as well. And no, I didn't contradict myself. Homebrew is not blocked on 4.2. They tried to but it was hacked. And guess what? You had to hack your 3.2 for homebrew as well. So tell me what's different again? Nada. You have to install cIOS and other things the same as me. If you are running a trucha patched game that uses motion plus, then you have either trucha bugged the appropriate IOS (that does not come on a 3.2 Wii) or patch the disc to use 249 or whatever. Your argument is childish and makes no point other than you have the reasoning power of a 12 year old.

And if you're running motion plus stuff then you've had to update your IOS files via pmw or DoP-IOS or something. Either way, you're upgrading your stuff weather you like it or not. Basically you are using everything that 4.2 uses, except for the actual system menu, wich is really nothing more than a GUI. Get over it.

lol wow, that whole post is just a mess. I am not even sure where the "hack your 3.2 for homebrew as well" came from. Hey guess what, I am not running motion plus, so I am not updating my files whether I like it or not. "Basically you are using everything that 4.2 uses, except for the actual system menu, wich is really nothing more than a GUI. Get over it." 4.2 Contains a new boot2, which has been causing a lot of bricks and clearly shows that it makes 4.2 more than just a GUI. Do you even know what a trucha patched disc is? Give me an example please.
And fine I will give you a difference that you can not twist or turn or make your brainwashed mind think its not different otherwise. You wana know something that 3.2 can do that 4.2 can't?
Run the Twilight hack: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack
There is more things that 3.2 can do that 4.2 can't but I am not going to bother listing them. This also shows 4.2 is just not a GUI, as I have said before, it creates more problems with homebrew and causes unneeded headaches.

And comments like "And no, I didn't contradict myself. Homebrew is not blocked on 4.2. They tried to but it was hacked." Hence the "They tried to but it was hacked" and "You had to hack your 3.2 for homebrew as well." makes you sound like an idiot. We are not doing the hacking, people like Bushing are.

The twilight hack isn't needed for squat. It was replaced by bannerbomb long ago so your argument is again like a 12 year old saying "My dad can beat up your dad!"

you only get boot2 upgraded through Nintendo's update. I can install IOS70 and the 4.2 system menu without ever upgrading boot2 so you can't include it. The system menu is the system menu. Period. Exactly as I said. Again it is no more than a GUI. You're trying to play off the fact that Nintendo updated MORE than just the menu and that is not my argument. I never said to update through Nintendo (but I would say why not... again les than 0.001% of Wiis have ever bricked because of it and some of those were operator error) The 4.2 system menu does not "CONTAIN" a new boot2.

Oh.. trucha signed game. Any retail disc that you download, extract a file to alter, weather you patch protection or edit tiles and replace the files back into the image needs to be trucha signed. Easiest example is enabling a bloodier manhunt by editing the config file on the image. There's your one example. Still waiting for you to provide a valid AND usefull one of your own
rolleyes.gif

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Who friggin' cares?

The only difference between 3.2 and 4.2 is the SD menu (useless) and the EULA (and we all know 3.2>4.2 on that account).

End of discussion, it's entirely up to you to choose what to use.

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I care. Especially when retarded pricks tell random people to downgrade to 3.2
Anyone who's Wii came with 4.0 or above will BRICK if they do that.

I mod many Wiis and upgrading before modding results in maximum compatibility and minimum headaches.

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the same forum. It was already getting way out of hand in the cIOS rev17 thread. Way off topic for that thread...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alexrose said:
Who friggin' cares?

The only difference between 3.2 and 4.2 is the SD menu (useless) and the EULA (and we all know 3.2>4.2 on that account).

End of discussion, it's entirely up to you to choose what to use.

The EULA differences are irrelevant.
Runnig 4.2 allows the shop to work and allows you to backup your saves to SDHC.

Staying on 3.2 is harder than updating to 4.2 ( unless you have no new games ). Anyone who doesn't know what they should do, should probably update to 4.2.

If you want to stay on 3.2 then you have every right to do so.

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO if you want to avoid Nintendo's update for some reason, then DoP-IOS 10.1 is the best tool out there. Update all of your IOS files first (IOS70 is a MUST for 4.2) and decide weather or not to patch them or not. Then install the system menu.

There is also the 4.2 safe updater... but I didn't use it so I can't say weather you should or not.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
qlum said:
B-Blue said:
maybe I'm off topic but what is the best way to update to 4.2? (currently on 4.1)
The only benefit that 4.2 has over 4.1 is a higher version number so don't upgrade

New shop & knowing that boot2v4 works fine on my wii and I won't ever have to install it again.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
still on 4.1..

thinking on going on 4.2 so the wii can stop nagging me to update everytime i test my wifi (got block update hack on preloader)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
happydance said:
still on 4.1..

thinking on going on 4.2 so the wii can stop nagging me to update everytime i test my wifi (got block update hack on preloader)

even if u update, u will still see this message (this is because the stub IOS's have a greater version number than the cIOSs we all generally use)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah some of us have to stop at x6 not all of us are lucky to stop at x30 like you