Hacking 3.0.0 mandatory?

cholaloula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I'm not very technical but try to follow news and I've got a question without answer for now. I watched the 34c3 speech (very interesting, funny, and informative by the way) and I,'m wondering...
If I have a 1.0.0 firmware no webkit access except puyo puyo jp version.
The smhax (pid 0...lol) is up to 3.0.0 and patched beyond, so...
If I understand well with 2.3.0 it should be OK, nope? Or has a new exploit been introduced in 3.0.0? Or maybe it's better for having the higher exploitable firmware?
Sorry if the answer is obvious or if for technical reasons answers can't be given but if my logic is good, there may not be a so big rush for pokken...^^
Anyway if someone of reswitched reads, or plutoo or any other participant for this great discoveries: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Possibilities are awesome!

Last edited by cholaloula,

cholaloula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK...with mephisto you gave me a hint...
Answer is ROhan...

"With OS 3.0.0, Nintendo split the ldr:ro service away from the ldr sysmodule, in an attempt to limit the attack surface of the critical ldr."

3.0.0 is mandatory (for now) to run arbitrary code.

So if not on 1.0.0...upgrade to 3.0.0, stay on 3.0.0 ^^

At least it will be clear for others who might ask themselves that question :)

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Straight from the mouth of "plutoo"... "Get on 3.0.0 - Stay on 3.0.0"

screencap.png

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay on 1.0.0 if you can help it. There have been murmurings about an emuNAND solution for systems on 1.0.0.

cholaloula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Resuming: 1.0.0 is just perfect for those who want the best from their switch, and 3.0.0 for arbitrary code with smhax.

I was just wondering if 2.3.0 (my case) could be fine, the answer is nope (at least from what we know or from what it's possible) due to Nintendo "mistake" but anyway, I'll wait and see in the future if a surprise comes for both 3.0.0 and lower firm.

Things are going incredibly fast and I could have never expected that! It's great to see such an organized scene, being updated almost on real time of the progresses, and all very documented if you have the patience for looking where you should.

As said I'm not a technical profile, just an electronic hobbyist, but seeing the evolution of that adventure really gives a lot of excitment (at least for me) about the hack research more than the results expected (warez, homebrew, saves, cheats, whatever).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night