Hacking 2GB Micro SD - Supercard DS ONE (anyone tried?)

bushrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi, Im hoping to upgrade to the new 2GB memory cards.

Has anyone had any experience with 2GB micro SD cards on the DS ONE ?

thanks

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be an early adopter for the 4GB mSD, since they will be sdHC's which have not been proven to work with current mSD readers.

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been trying to fix a friends DS ONE (v1) and has a 2Gb Sandisk ULTRA II and is having problems with certain games like Nacho Libre and Animal Crossing.

At the moment, I can't say for sure its the microSD card or the possibility its a faulty DS ONE....

The Sandisk should be fast enough to do anything....which is puzzling me at present.

bushrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Thats whats worrying me, most review sites say to go with Kingston memory made in Japan for best performance, but I cant find in 2gb, only ones made in taiwan :

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats whats worrying me, most review sites say to go with Kingston memory made in Japan for best performance, but I cant find in 2gb, only ones made in taiwan :<

The thing is, I have an R4 and use teh same microSD card ie a Sandisk ULTRA II 2Gb. Now perhaps its wrong to comapre one SLOT 1 solution with another, but sometimes you cant help it. My experience is that the R4 using the same card works flawlessly and suffers from no slow downs where as the SC DS ONE seems to have a lot of issues with the need for a VERY fast microSD card or it doesnt work 100%.

I'm not an expert on the chips inside any of these cards, but I assume they are similiar. But as one doesnt rely on the SD card so much I assume they work in totally different ways.

My advice at teh end of the day, is that if you havent bought a DS ONE be it v1 or v2, pass on it and buy an R4....afterall proof is in the pudding and the R4 for me just works whatever I throw at it without the need for a update from the devs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife