Hardware 2DS XL SD CARD HELP

CoolDude94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with my sd card that came with my 2ds. It worked fine until I formatted it yesterday now it wont work on the 2ds at all. I am able to put in my laptop and my 3ds and it works, but when I put in my 2ds, the 2ds wont even turn on being how it needs an sd card in it for it to turn on. I get a blue power light for a few seconds before it turns off. I updated to latest firmware- maybe that's the issue? either way, I am stuck and don't know what to do. Note: I do not have the screws on the back of the system to take lid off to adjust battery. I am able to take sd card from my 3ds and put it in the 2ds and it runs fine. SD card is a PNY 32 GB. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup with the working SD card, so that you have Luma on your CTR-NAND. Then see if the original SD will work. It might be that it can't read it right away (for the console to find boot.firm), but will be able to read it after a second or two. By having Luma on your CTR-NAND the console won't be reliant on finding boot.firm on the SD to boot up.

CoolDude94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hold on... you are saying all I need to do is get the homebrew stuff on the sd card and the 2ds should work? Because what I am saying is the 2ds wont power on. There is not any homebrew stuff on the sd card right now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

forgot to mention the sd card for my 3ds has everything on it (homebrew)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hold on... you are saying all I need to do is get the homebrew stuff on the sd card and the 2ds should work? Because what I am saying is the 2ds wont power on. There is not any homebrew stuff on the sd card right now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

forgot to mention the sd card for my 3ds has everything on it (homebrew)
Oh lol. Yeah your console is not going to boot up without boot.firm. Copy that from your 3DS' SD card to the 2DS' and it will work. Then make sure to follow finalizing-setup so your console won't be effectively bricked if the SD reader ever breaks.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blah, bad card, blah, incorrect format settings, blah...
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw.
  4. If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files.
    • A hardware failed card requires replacing (check my signature for options) and going back to step 1.
  5. Copy everything back to the card.

Reactions: E1ite007

CoolDude94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said screw it and gave the original sd card to a friend who needed it for her mp3 player. It was a 32 GB. I have a 128 GB SD CARD for my tablet. I tried copying everything from the 64 GB for my 3ds onto the 128 GB and then put the 128 gb in the 3ds, message came up saying cannot detect sd card. I go to the settings menu and it says cannot detect sd card. Yet, when I take it out, message shows up saying sd card has been removed. So, I need some help with that... See, once I get the 64 gb stuff on the 128 gb I plan to use the 64 gb on the 2ds. Desperately need help on this.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I said screw it and gave the original sd card to a friend who needed it for her mp3 player. It was a 32 GB. I have a 128 GB SD CARD for my tablet. I tried copying everything from the 64 GB for my 3ds onto the 128 GB and then put the 128 gb in the 3ds, message came up saying cannot detect sd card. I go to the settings menu and it says cannot detect sd card. Yet, when I take it out, message shows up saying sd card has been removed. So, I need some help with that... See, once I get the 64 gb stuff on the 128 gb I plan to use the 64 gb on the 2ds. Desperately need help on this.
The ss card itseld needs to be format to fat32 32kb clusters. Make sure that is what its set as when you are using the card.

CoolDude94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ss card itseld needs to be format to fat32 32kb clusters. Make sure that is what its set as when you are using the card.
do I need to format the 64 gb card first though?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...