Hacking 2DS Won't Turn On

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use your Gateway, get the arm9loaderhax.bin that Gateway released along with the 4.0 beta (I don't think they released another one with the 4.1 beta) and use it as a Luma3DS payload or boot manager payload (probably renaming it). It is not in the zip file, it's a separate file on the same web page.

There was a workaround needed for using it with the newest version of arm9loaderhax; I don't know if that workaround is still needed.

D

Deleted User

When I turn on the 3DS, will I be in gateway mode already? Or do I still need to boot into it
If you have it as the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card, yes. If you have it set up to boot when holding down a certain button, no.
Also, don't use Gateway CFW as your main.

D

Deleted User

All I want is for my red card to work.
You still shouldn't use Gateway CFW as your main, this may not be true now, but last I checked, Gateway CFW doesn't prevent NFIRM from being written to, which means an update will kill your a9lh setup. I don't know if this is still the case, but better safe than sorry, I guess?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY