Hardware 2DS touch screen issue

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have an O2DS and the touch screen is having issues, it constantly thinks it's being pressed, some buttons make it think that, sometimes moving the console does, and sometimes even when I'm not doing anything, I tried calibrating it but it didn't work very well, do any of you guys know a way to fix it? Like without opening the console because I'm not very comfortable doing stuff like that, like isopropyl alcohol or something? Any help is appreciated.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I have an O2DS and the touch screen is having issues, it constantly thinks it's being pressed, some buttons make it think that, sometimes moving the console does, and sometimes even when I'm not doing anything, I tried calibrating it but it didn't work very well, do any of you guys know a way to fix it? Like without opening the console because I'm not very comfortable doing stuff like that, like isopropyl alcohol or something? Any help is appreciated.
Without opening the console? How is that supposed to work? A damaged digitizer has to be replaced. The good news is the price of this spare part: Super cheap. The bad news is that the digitizer is the very last part to reach when disassembling an O2DS.

The only thing that can be done from the outside is inspecting the edges and corners for dirt particles stuck between the plastic frame and the touch panel. Careful cleaning of the edges with a small brush or similar is a good idea. Don't use hard pointed tools, especially don't use metal. Things like this can pierce through the soft plastic of the touch panel without much force. I don't have much hope that a cleaning will help, but nevertheless this is the first thing to try.
The non-folding style O2DS is not particularly hard to disassemble, but since you mentioned not being comfortable with stuff like this, I'd recommend getting some help and not doing it alone -- to gain confidence. A guide can be found on ifixit.com, O2DS screen replacement (this guide stops when taking out the LCD, but the digitizer is attached to it with (not very hard to remove) adhesive.

Being GBAtemp's Backup Reminder, I remind you to backup important data (like saves) before any repair attempt.

Good luck!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr