Homebrew 2ds roms on 3ds

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought it worked on old 3ds
OFW means original nonhacked firmware, OFW has no way to get CFW without pre 11.3 nand backup

You can install CFW to old 3ds

People who foolishly updated w/o checking? then it's thier own damn'd fault.
I do feel that is a bit rude, maybe the OP got into hacking after they updated the console. Or they bought a used console already updated.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, I thought you could install CFW on the current firmware
You can't with 11.3. 11.3 patched out all known exploits as well patched in a NATIVE_FIRM requirement to the homemenu. Which means you can't even do a dsiware/hardmod to downgrade your system.

As for the OP, if you don't have a CFW, you are basically SOL. You have two options
Wait it out
Sell your system and buy one on 11.2 or below.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can't with 11.3. 11.3 patched out all known exploits as well patched in a NATIVE_FIRM requirement to the homemenu. Which means you can't even do a dsiware/hardmod to downgrade your system.
Wow, I didn't realize how lucky I was to get cfw when I did. I got it like 2 weeks before the update.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wow, I didn't realize how lucky I was to get cfw when I did. I got it like 2 weeks before the update.
This is why we stress the importants of research before updating. Because sooner or later, Nintendo was going to smarten up and fuck us up.
This update also broke the homebrew launcher for a few days by targeting the launcher instead of the entrypoints. It was a pretty hardcore update and targeted the core of the hacking community instead of the crust.

Reactions: Dracari and Seliph

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why we stress the importants of research before updating. Because sooner or later, Nintendo was going to smarten up and fuck us up.
This update also broke the homebrew launcher for a few days by targeting the launcher instead of the entrypoints. It was a pretty hardcore update and targeted the core of the hacking community instead of the crust.
to where smealum ha dto drop an exploit that i guess wa sin his "Holding bag o tricks" as it were which is going to me its going to be a larger uphill battles w/ each new update.
OFW means original nonhacked firmware, OFW has no way to get CFW without pre 11.3 nand backup

You can install CFW to old 3ds

I do feel that is a bit rude, maybe the OP got into hacking after they updated the console. Or they bought a used console already updated.
ohh thers no pitty on those who update w/o checking "Can i do XXX on ### firmware? " and update blindly. ort use teh excuse "Friend/family updated my 3ds D: " as you should keep tight hold of yoru 3DS Espically if you allready have CFW and didnt bother to use luma's Pin lockout.

but buying a second hand 3DS and it comes pre-updated or it was gifted? nothing you can do really on that. so i'm not that harsh in this situations. one you cant help , thats being Rude AF.when you can help it /can research beforehand? then only one to blame is themselves at that point. so many had been complacent "Ohh i could hardmod downgrade." w/ 11.3 that stoped being an excuse.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide from 3ds.guide, the "2.10 transfer"
and you stoped there.. Why? Follow the guide thru. and if you didnt make a nand backup before, read the 9.2 CTR NAND transfeer section else RIP. (and if this is w/ a replacement N3DS and you Foolishly System update from 2.1, also RIP as you just made a paperweight. same if you sleep an N3DS while still in 2.1)

nooppee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and you stoped there.. Why? Follow the guide thru. and if you didnt make a nand backup before, read the 9.2 CTR NAND transfeer section else RIP. (and if this is w/ a replacement N3DS and you Foolishly System update from 2.1, also RIP as you just made a paperweight. same if you sleep an N3DS while still in 2.1)
I followed everything, don't worry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just need a little bit more help.
I downloaded "TWLoader" (https://gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/)
And whenever I try to start a game I just get a black screen.
I followed the FAQ on what to do, but to no success.
Is there something else that you can use on old 3ds?

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I followed everything, don't worry.

Just need a little bit more help.
I downloaded "TWLoader" (https://gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/)
And whenever I try to start a game I just get a black screen.
I followed the FAQ on what to do, but to no success.
Is there something else that you can use on old 3ds?

So you basically have a running cfw? Wait for the game to start, it may stay for a few minutes until the game launches.
Some games just don't load

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Installing cfw onto your 3ds and then installing TWL loader (It's basically a DS game emulator for your 3ds, it costs no money but so far the program isn't running perfectly and many ds games don't work with it and and the ones that do have 5+ minute loading times).

Installing cfw to your 3ds has the potential to brick it and twl loader doesn't work well at the moment so your best bet would be an r4i card that you can get for around 14 dollars. I don't know any other alternatives.
TWLoader is just a frontend for nds-bootstrap, which does the SD rom loading.
nds-bootstrap is not a game emulator. It patches the roms to read from the SD card instead of the Slot-1 cartridge.

Some games just don't load
That's not why there's a black screen. @nooppee should follow this: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting: DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?