• Total voters

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The color styling of the 2DS is so weird. It's just a border around the system that is barely visible when you hold it. I am trying to figure out which color would look better there, and whether I would want to play it safe and have a system that tries to look serious and fails (blue), or risk it all by going for a chic Nintendo look which may or may not work well. (red)

I wish an all-white 2DS existed, or an all-black one, or one where the color was silver instead of blue or red. But it looks like I am instead once again relegated to Nintendo's terrible colors. What do?

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read an article that said the white/red one is reminiscent of the Famicom, but this strikes me as somewhat odd because we didn't grow up in Japan. For me the black/red one is somewhat reminiscent of the NES. (but I'm not sure if that actually makes me want it, especially when some of the games will break that illusion)

crispysamurai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say get a 3DS. Solves your problem.
Plus it has a better form factor.

I second this, the decal thing is an option if you just need a 2DS but the 3DS is just a better form factor, has more color options along with special editions, and you can still use the 3d controls later on. (never got the point of the 2DS since you can play games in 2d on the 3DS).

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I second this, the decal thing is an option if you just need a 2DS but the 3DS is just a better form factor, has more color options along with special editions, and you can still use the 3d controls later on. (never got the point of the 2DS since you can play games in 2d on the 3DS).
The point is it's cheaper. That's all there is to it.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess, but once you take into account that you need to buy a case since it's not self protected you're only saving like $20.
You don't need to buy a case? Just don't put it down upside down or drop it and you're fine, unless you want to throw it into a bag with some other stuff.

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is it's cheaper. That's all there is to it.
The 2DS appears to be the most comfortable of the three models. THAT'S the point. The fact it is the cheapest is just a bonus. (and what a bonus!)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they sell grips and such for the other 2 3DS models, I held the store demo one and didnt really see it any more comfortable (ignoring how ugly and bulky the thing is)
but like many other things nintendo has no idea what they it comes to system colors, they know people like pure black or white systems and they instead wait years to release them

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read two things that blew my mind
1) 2DS did not come out in Japan
2) the red 2DS did not come out in Europe. It is muricah exclusive!!

Nintendo is so dastardly

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Blue & Black.

I just read two things that blew my mind
1) 2DS did not come out in Japan
2) the red 2DS did not come out in Europe. It is muricah exclusive!!

Nintendo is so dastardly

They did release the Famicom-type 2DS which is red & white.

I saw a Yoshi 3DS XL at work and that looks awesome too!

5193OjxSEmL._SX300_.jpg

zeello

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but when I said red I meant red and black.

so now I have a new reason to choose a color.
Blue is the only color released in all regions. So technically I should get blue since its my only choice if I were born somewhere else, and because its the normal color according to Nintendo apparently.

Or

I get the red/black one since its mericuh exclusive and that makes it special and elite

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I had the option between Red & White (Famicom) or Blue & Black, I decided to go with B&B because it just looks better for me and honestly, I'm happy that Nintendo released the 2DS because I'm more satisfied with it than I'd be with a 3DS.

Sure it's mono and the screens aren't really big but the graphics of 3DS never looked outstanding, except for Mario 3D Land and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...