Homebrew 2DS noob, need some help

stubbs2ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I've bought a cheap 2DS console (yokai watch bundle) on Black Friday. Firmware is 11.0.0-33E
I have some questions.

1. Is there any way to use the web browser without update?
I have tried a few things (DNS/Wi-Fi hotspot/date change), but I either get the update message or "The Internet browser cannot be used at this time." . :(

2. Is there any way to run the homebrew launcher (without any dsiware games)? I have tried this guide - https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser).html , but no luck.

3. If the answer of 1 and 2 is NO, then what should I do? Wait for another exploit? Is there any chance to get those things working on my firmware, or I should update to 11.2 and wait for homebrew launcher for it.

Thanks.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
3. If the answer of 1 and 2 is NO, then what should I do? Wait for another exploit? Is there any chance to get those things working on my firmware, or I should update to 11.2 and wait for homebrew launcher for it.

Thanks.

Updating to 11.2 is the stupidest thing you could do right now. At 11.2 there's no going back without a hard mod or another 2DS/O3DS.

Filo97 already gave you the answer though. You obviously have to follow the no browser guide, which means you WILL have to get a DSiWare game or a game cart, depending on the exploit you'll be using.

stubbs2ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers. Too bad those games are too expensive on a game cart. (and hard to find in my region) And i'm late for a dsiware, right? I read some games are removed from the store, other are patched...and I can't even access the store without update. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)