Hacking 2DS Bricked WITHOUT NAND backup

Tom778

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi fellas!

I got my 2DS bricked while trying to install a custom firmware and I HAVE NOT A NAND backup. I think this is a hardbrick. Does it have any solution? Buy a motherboard?

Thank you!

Tom778

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Defined "bricked," like what does it actually do and what did you do wrong to get that to happen?

Bricked: I try to turn on the 2DS and both screens black with the LED turned on. I was trying to install a custom firmware when my 2DS fell to the floor and turned off (lol I know it sounds absurd).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bricked: I try to turn on the 2DS and both screens black with the LED turned on. I was trying to install a custom firmware when my 2DS fell to the floor and turned off (lol I know it sounds absurd).
Thank you, details are important when trying to give you proper information.
You can fix it with NTRBoot, but that will require you to have both a flashcart and another system to flash the cart

Reactions: Tom778

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you following old as hell methods for installing CFW? What guide were you using?

I ask because there really isn't much of an opportunity to brick with current methods. It could be hardware damage if it fell.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Were you following old as hell methods for installing CFW? What guide were you using?

I ask because there really isn't much of an opportunity to brick with current methods. It could be hardware damage if it fell.
Good point, what step was it doing when it fell? Could a 3DS brick by being forced off in the middle of a CTR transfer or during the couple of seconds of B9S installation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk