Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mame.gif

Go ask yer mthr for some quarters!

Getting bored of the day to day gaming? Are you wanting to go back to the days when arcades were king? Do you have a PC that can at least run SNES games? Join us tonight for some good old-fashioned arcade action, 4pm-9pm EST Saturday. Find your time here. We will meet in the #gbatemp-wifi channel. To get on IRC, click here. Once in, type: /join #gbatemp-wifi

In order to participate:

1. Register with 2DFighter (An online capable MAME emulator) by clicking here.

2. Obtain one or more of the compatible games that you'd like to play. Here's a list of games that can be played online: http://2dfighter.com/games/. They must be MAME compatible versions. (Note: Requesting where to find said games will earn you a ban.)

3. Run/download the client by clicking here.

4. When the client has loaded, login and click on the "Settings" icon.

5. Set "RomPath1" to the directory where your MAME compatible game files are stored.

6. Enjoy!!

Note 1: If you'd like to be able to host games, make sure that you open UDP port 27886 in your firewall software/router.

Note 2: For those who want to play game like TMNT (4P), X-Men (6P), Aero Fighters 2 (4P), or even 2P games that 2DF just doesn't support, they will need to use mameppk. It has a Kaillera option for it for online play. Kaillera supports 4 player mame games (while 2DF can only support 2 player). For a guide on how to set that up, click here.

--------------------

Whether you're up for some Marvel VS Street Fighter, Metal Slug or some good ole Bomberman, I'm sure you'll have a blast
smile.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
nice idea but this file is too big for me (14.4 mb) but i hope it works cuz the reason i play games on pc is multiplayer
the reason why that thing comes (ie. problem with application) is becuz u are using something other than internet explorer and possibly firefox but here is the solution written on their website

"How do I get started?
-Install .NET Framework 3.5
-Create an account
-If using FireFox, Install the FFClickOnce plugin - http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1608
-Launch the 2DF FreePlay Client
(Do not download the .application file! If using Internet Explorer, the application will automatically launch when clicking the above link. If using FireFox, you must select "Run ClickOnce Application".)

Note: For best performance, use a wired internet connection. Wireless connections will often result in dropped games."

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Sonicslasher said:
AmitZ said:
But I'm from israel... I'll probably lag, a LOT.
I just played with a guy from France, and there was barley any lag. But I guess it all depends on how good you internet connection is.
I'm not sure that my internet connection is that good.
In theory it should be very good (3MB/sec), but it seems a lot slower...
Well, let's try and see what's happens.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Sonicslasher said:
Lee79 said:
errorl.jpg

I want to play aswell have a modded X360 Pad and MAME and all the fighters ROMS
Try starting the application from the link here.

Same thing here is the details>
Edit:not needed fixed

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
nice idea but this file is too big for me (14.4 mb) but i hope it works cuz the reason i play games on pc is multiplayer
the reason why that thing comes (ie. problem with application) is becuz u are using something other than internet explorer and possibly firefox but here is the solution written on their website

"How do I get started?
-Install .NET Framework 3.5
-Create an account
-If using FireFox, Install the FFClickOnce plugin - http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1608
-Launch the 2DF FreePlay Client
(Do not download the .application file! If using Internet Explorer, the application will automatically launch when clicking the above link. If using FireFox, you must select "Run ClickOnce Application".)

Note: For best performance, use a wired internet connection. Wireless connections will often result in dropped games."
Open the link in a IE tab in firefox and it worked thanks
yaypsp.gif
Firefox was the problem I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: