• Thread starter Deleted-172301
  • Start date
  • Views 9,027
  • Replies 26
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted-172301

OP
Since I’ve been banned. I feel as though I can now stretch my legs and mod the switch further.

My plan is to replace the EMMC chip and increase the disk space on the switch. Prior to doing that I’m going to clean the stock 32gb nand. Then install the 256gb module and partition the disk correctly and hack away.

This thread will be a guide for that process and for troubleshooting.

D

Deleted-172301

OP
I purchased a module with the EMMC already attached to a new board. So this should be plug and play with some config.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA
D

Deleted-172301

OP
I didn’t want to wait 6 weeks so I paid for it. I’m sure there are cheaper options so feel free to order them. Not hawking that link at all.

Reactions: popy

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I’m being ripped for the work involved to solder on the new 256gb chip.

This is my expensive hobby lol.

You are , the chip cost around 70 bucks usd, and with shipping, it is like 100 less than what Sthetix is charging for. Well you are paying for a premium for someone to solder the nand chip for you.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Deleted-172301
D

Deleted-172301

OP
It has shipped! I’ll follow up with a full overview once I’ve had a chance to play with it.

D

Deleted-172301

OP
Still hasn't arrived... Anyone know of another source to use? The item got lost in transit apparently and I've yet to receive a new tracking number. Unsure if the seller is trying to source/make another, but this sucks. Should have just ordered from Alibaba from the get go.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if they started using SSD instead of eMMC which can fail for any reason. Also, why only 32GB???? With how large some Games are *cough* MK11*, that would get filled up VERY fast

D

Deleted-172301

OP
It is here. I’ll post a write up later on.

Edit:

I have awesome news. Using a non formatted emmc chip with EMUMMC works fine. So Emummc does have perks. Your switch will still be usable if you do a swap and try and boot prior to formatting the new chip. Going to figure out how to edit the boot.scr for android to point to the android partition map that will be written on the EMMC chip. It definitely cannot have the same partition flag that is currently expected. Horizon OS will break.

Will come up with something over the labor day weekend.

Attachments

• CBDD0F62-8DE5-4396-9293-68F41C1834E1.jpeg
    CBDD0F62-8DE5-4396-9293-68F41C1834E1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 544
Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-172301

OP
To give everyone an update:
Right now I'm still working on getting my nand backup restored to the new chip itself. Having tons of trouble at the moment. I've found that you'll have to use gdisk to back up the switch's partition lay out and restore it on the new emmc before the hekate can restore things to it... and I can't restore my boot0/1 backups for some reason. I'll play around with somethings prior to getting the initial setup done. I'll see if the switch and hekate can see a Fat32 partition that's made on the EMMC itself. If it works you would still need to boot into RCM, but you'd have everything running from the EMMC itself.

Lots of trial and error, but its doable. I wish I had an emmc writer. My switch is currently taken apart. I've been switching emmc modules back and forth lol.

Edit:
So far so good! Going to use the 30gb that is remaining for either android or linux.

Attachments

• 6ED1EEFA-41EA-4B7A-ADE5-92C4A3976B96.jpeg
    6ED1EEFA-41EA-4B7A-ADE5-92C4A3976B96.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 255
Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte