2016. Thoughts on it?

SonicCloud

miss americana.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since in 4 days 2017 is finally coming , i decided to make a thread talking about this year:

How was this year for you? Did you liked it?

I think it was a bad year on the celebrities world and also a year with many tragedies to many countries . Also with lots of political problems going around since the start of the year

On my personal view : I think it was a meh year?

How about you?

Last edited by SonicCloud,
D

Deleted User

2016 was a nice year for me. Better then some other years? Nah. But it was a year, and a alright one at that. I don't know why 2016 was a shit year for everyone

Reactions: RevPokemon

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2016 was just like the other years for me tbh.
If I was being real here, I'd say I stressed this year way more than I have others due to me soon leaving the nest for College, growing up to be an adult, planning out my future, determining what I need to do first to get what I am planning for the future, getting money for College, getting a solid paying job, getting a car, making sure I have food to eat in College, being a good example to my siblings (I am the oldest in my family), learning and adapting to my tradition and culture (Hmong), and most important of all, to better my life. I'm just in the stage where everyone is gonna be someday or still is or has been.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One grandmother died, one is very sick, my great-grandmother is very sick, my uncle is in hospice, two of my friends' spouses got cancer, and Trump won the election.

I can't think of a worse year for me personally.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2016 was a really stressful year for me. Lots of hard things to deal with. It feels like everybody else was stressed out too, what with "Kill yourself" and "Drink bleach" being turned into memes (Or have they always been memes? I've never noticed it before 2016). People around me seemed less happy and like they were all very unhappy all time. I don't think I've ever been more sad in a single year than I have in 2016. I don't know if 2017 will change anything, but I hope I'll follow through with a "New year, new me" thing.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2016 was largely better than 2015 and likely better than 2017 will be.

I mean if you have an issue with Trump or Brexit (two reasons why people talk about 2016 as a bad year) remember they started in 2015 and will be implemented in 2017. Likewise in the case of Trump remember Hilliary was not that great either and alot of people would probably still be upset with the election.

And then consider the fact that alot on how you judge a year depends on purely personal things which also changes how 2016 is viewed which could be good or bad depending on what you went through.

But for me personally 2016 was a great year as I graduated HS, no family members died, bitcoin did great, changed my name legally, movies were great, music was great, and Shenmue 3 was confirmed

Last edited by RevPokemon,

SonicCloud

miss americana.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
2016 was a really stressful year for me. Lots of hard things to deal with. It feels like everybody else was stressed out too, what with "Kill yourself" and "Drink bleach" being turned into memes (Or have they always been memes? I've never noticed it before 2016). People around me seemed less happy and like they were all very unhappy all time. I don't think I've ever been more sad in a single year than I have in 2016. I don't know if 2017 will change anything, but I hope I'll follow through with a "New year, new me" thing.

I can confirm Drink Bleach and Kill Yourself turned into a meme since March 2016 , blame LeafyIsHere and many channels of that type.

And as RevPokemon said , probably 2017 will be worse atleast on the political view since they are implementing Brexit and Trump , which will affect in some way the whole world no matter where you live

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Song because why not

Anyway some unpleasant things happened, some pleasant things happened, some good science got done, some bad laws got done, I learned many things, I fixed many things and in the end it is all much the same for me. I am sure if I was invested in something I might have some feelings but those feeling things are scary so best to continue avoiding them. I am sure I will once again learn of happenings I had not heard of on one of the year summary shows somewhere, 2016 wipe hitting tomorrow which is nice.

Have the 2015 version if you want to see what it is all about

Reactions: AyanamiRei0

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2016 was like this...
upload_2016-12-28_12-4-39.png

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It was a bad year for me, 2 surgeries which 1st one is unexpected. A lot of pain, it was a difficult year. I'm ok now, my favorite number is 7 so i hope things get better. There's just 1 positive thing that happened.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty mixed year. A lot of amazing things happened to me, going to E3, getting into University, getting a job, finding out what I want to do in life, getting a rad gaming PC, meeting some new interesting people, but also having my father's workplace go out of business, a cancer scare in the family, and a family member dying. The loss of a lot of neat celebrities is also sad, but at least we can revel in Trump's victory over Hillary.

Reactions: RevPokemon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: are you there