2016. Thoughts on it?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by SonicCloud, Dec 28, 2016.

1. SonicCloud
    OP

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    Since in 4 days 2017 is finally coming , i decided to make a thread talking about this year:

How was this year for you? Did you liked it?

I think it was a bad year on the celebrities world and also a year with many tragedies to many countries . Also with lots of political problems going around since the start of the year

On my personal view : I think it was a meh year?

How about you?

Last edited by SonicCloud, Dec 31, 2016

2. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    If I could give 2016 a grade, it'd be worse than my Chemistry grade.

3. Eastonator12

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    We don't speak of 2016

4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    2016 was a nice year for me. Better then some other years? Nah. But it was a year, and a alright one at that. I don't know why 2016 was a shit year for everyone

RevPokemon likes this.
  5. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    2016 was just like the other years for me tbh.
    If I was being real here, I'd say I stressed this year way more than I have others due to me soon leaving the nest for College, growing up to be an adult, planning out my future, determining what I need to do first to get what I am planning for the future, getting money for College, getting a solid paying job, getting a car, making sure I have food to eat in College, being a good example to my siblings (I am the oldest in my family), learning and adapting to my tradition and culture (Hmong), and most important of all, to better my life. I'm just in the stage where everyone is gonna be someday or still is or has been.

gnmmarechal and RevPokemon like this.
  6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    2016 is a shitstain on my lifetime and the sooner it's gone the happier I'll be

Subtle Demise and Voxel like this.
  7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    One grandmother died, one is very sick, my great-grandmother is very sick, my uncle is in hospice, two of my friends' spouses got cancer, and Trump won the election.

I can't think of a worse year for me personally.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  8. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Not totally awesome but WAAAAAY better than 2015.... 2015 was the worst year of my life (I'm not saying so far because that would be impossible).

RevPokemon likes this.
  9. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    2016 was a really stressful year for me. Lots of hard things to deal with. It feels like everybody else was stressed out too, what with "Kill yourself" and "Drink bleach" being turned into memes (Or have they always been memes? I've never noticed it before 2016). People around me seemed less happy and like they were all very unhappy all time. I don't think I've ever been more sad in a single year than I have in 2016. I don't know if 2017 will change anything, but I hope I'll follow through with a "New year, new me" thing.

Posghetti and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  10. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    There were some decent lulz, but overall it sucked.

11. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    2016 was largely better than 2015 and likely better than 2017 will be.

I mean if you have an issue with Trump or Brexit (two reasons why people talk about 2016 as a bad year) remember they started in 2015 and will be implemented in 2017. Likewise in the case of Trump remember Hilliary was not that great either and alot of people would probably still be upset with the election.

And then consider the fact that alot on how you judge a year depends on purely personal things which also changes how 2016 is viewed which could be good or bad depending on what you went through.

But for me personally 2016 was a great year as I graduated HS, no family members died, bitcoin did great, changed my name legally, movies were great, music was great, and Shenmue 3 was confirmed

Last edited by RevPokemon, Dec 28, 2016
    VinLark and Posghetti like this.
  12. SonicCloud
    OP

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    I can confirm Drink Bleach and Kill Yourself turned into a meme since March 2016 , blame LeafyIsHere and many channels of that type.

And as RevPokemon said , probably 2017 will be worse atleast on the political view since they are implementing Brexit and Trump , which will affect in some way the whole world no matter where you live

13. konsolenumbau.expert

konsolenumbau.expert GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Well first operation on 29th of January.. Next 4 over the month till September... Now on Reha in 2017...lets see what's happening

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

14. Touko White

Touko White Scarlet's Clone

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England
    2016 was alright, especially towards the end of the year in particular, met and got friends with a lot of new people online. Not sure what else to say ^^

RevPokemon likes this.
  15. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Could gone better.
    All I care about is the date me n me bf get our house.

16. 'Don

'Don Man in a Box

Dec 31, 2015
    Jamaica
    Hemshof
    I thought 2016 will be awesome but it turned out to be a big fat piece of dogshit.

17. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Song because why not

Anyway some unpleasant things happened, some pleasant things happened, some good science got done, some bad laws got done, I learned many things, I fixed many things and in the end it is all much the same for me. I am sure if I was invested in something I might have some feelings but those feeling things are scary so best to continue avoiding them. I am sure I will once again learn of happenings I had not heard of on one of the year summary shows somewhere, 2016 wipe hitting tomorrow which is nice.

Have the 2015 version if you want to see what it is all about

AyanamiRei0 likes this.
  18. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    2016 was like this...
    upload_2016-12-28_12-4-39.png

19. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    It was a bad year for me, 2 surgeries which 1st one is unexpected. A lot of pain, it was a difficult year. I'm ok now, my favorite number is 7 so i hope things get better. There's just 1 positive thing that happened.

20. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Pretty mixed year. A lot of amazing things happened to me, going to E3, getting into University, getting a job, finding out what I want to do in life, getting a rad gaming PC, meeting some new interesting people, but also having my father's workplace go out of business, a cancer scare in the family, and a family member dying. The loss of a lot of neat celebrities is also sad, but at least we can revel in Trump's victory over Hillary.

RevPokemon likes this.