2012: You worried?

You believe something bad will happen?

• We're fucked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We'll be fine

• Something bad MIGHT happen, but not all of mankind will be gone

• Something will happen, but not bad. Probably just a meteor shower.

• Total voters

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing supernatural is going to happen, but a lot of people will die.
The people who truly believe this are bound to kill themselves to avoid it, and people with the mindset will murder and loot.

Needless to say, I'll be staying inside that day playing some old games.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Nothing supernatural is going to happen, but a lot of people will die.
The people who truly believe this are bound to kill themselves to avoid it, and people with the mindset will murder and loot.

Needless to say, I'll be staying inside that day playing some old games.

This I can actually seeing being real. People are too lazy to do any research themselves. The whole thing is just man-made. We make it what we believe it to be.

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im sure there are always people who will find an excuse to max their credit cards and extent their mortgage in hopes one of those meteors take out their bank.
tongue.gif

Z

Zorua

Ugh, stop trolling this thread. Why can't we have a serious discussion on 2012? Is it so comical for you guys?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
I don't know if it's true or not but look at this.
The millions of similar incidents before those had no significance?

It'd be stranger if people DIDN'T use violence as a means of communicating disagreement.
It'd be unheard of if natural disasters didn't occur.

It all comes down to two things:
1. Once an idea is planted, it continues to grow.
2. People will always look for a link.

Once the idea of 2012 was heard, it grew in people's minds and was seen EVERYWHERE.
People began to look at things in terms of "How is this related?" rather than "Why did this happen?".
Some people arrived at the same conclusion and began to spread it.

There is no link between any of this and the end of the world other than the people who tell you there is.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
No matter what happens on 21/12/2012 I'll be disappointed.

World ends = I'll still have had to live through the farcical 2012 London Olympics and my 40th birthday.

Nothing happens = I'll have to buy some Christmas presents bloody quickly.

Either way having looked at how the date looks in European 21/12/2012 wouldn't it make more sense for all those conspiracy nuts to make it 21/12/2112?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Buleste said:
Either way having looked at how the date looks in European 21/12/2012 wouldn't it make more sense for all those conspiracy nuts to make it 21/12/2112?
OP's picture gives the date as December the 12th, so it's 12/12/12.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Zorua said:
I don't know if it's true or not but look at this.
The millions of similar incidents before those had no significance?

It'd be stranger if people DIDN'T use violence as a means of communicating disagreement.
It'd be unheard of if natural disasters didn't occur.

It all comes down to two things:
1. Once an idea is planted, it continues to grow.
2. People will always look for a link.

Once the idea of 2012 was heard, it grew in people's minds and was seen EVERYWHERE.
People began to look at things in terms of "How is this related?" rather than "Why did this happen?".
Some people arrived at the same conclusion and began to spread it.

There is no link between any of this and the end of the world other than the people who tell you there is.

I just picked up on two movie references there. Inception with the idea being planted. And people seeing 2012 everywhere as that Jim Carey movie.... 23?

Nothing happens = I'll have to buy some Christmas presents bloody quickly.
Become a Buddhist.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I just picked up on two movie references there. Inception with the idea being planted. And people seeing 2012 everywhere as that Jim Carey movie.... 23?
Those movies dealt with real things, just in very unrealistic ways.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ShadowSoldier said:
december-12-2012.jpg

Okay, we all know about the year 2012 and how it's supposedly supposed to be the end of the world or some crap like that.

First off, let me just say: If you believe that something bad is going to happen on that date and we're all -snip-, I feel sorry for you.

For those of you don't know, apparently the year 2012, something "BIG" is supposed to happen that will rock the world, that or part of the world is going to get blown away from a meteor or crap like that. You know, doomsday. It's hyped up in the movie "2012" especially. Or even the video game series of Assassin's Creed, where Dec. 21, 2012 plays a big role in the game. The reason is because the Mayan calendar is ending.

And if you already are aware of the stuff people are saying that will happen, and if you didn't know this, NOTHING is going to happen that will rock the earth. The Mayan calendar has ran out before. And the whole thing is a lie that, well, Hollywood started. It's all a lie, a hype train. And the current Mayan leader has said himself, that the most that's going to happen is a Meteor Shower.

Now, now that we got out of the way:

It got me wondering, some people just don't want to believe it. Some people are preparing. Others are panicking already and stocking up. Like my older sister's BF. He is convinced that we will all die on that date, and if we don't, he's got some guns to protect his stuff in fear of looting. Which, as stupid as it sounds, it does sound plausible. If there are others like him out in the world panicking, protecting isn't that far fetched.

So, are you one of those people who believe in the 2012 wiping us all out or something bad happening, are you one of those people who are just worried that the crazies will run lose, or do you think that we'll all just sleep sound that night?

This is just an article I read on MSNBC, but it's on other sites too:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33261483/ns/te...cience-science/

*in case you are wondering, google the name of the Mayan leader (current): Chile Pixtun.
you're right only god knows

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. The world is going to end. 2012? Maybe. Maybe 2013. sometime soon, for sure.
dry.gif

People have fallen into a bad way. perhaps starting over is needed
unsure.gif

Or perhaps thats a crazy thing to say.

moogle.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We're all gonna die. Earth's gonna implode, meteors are going to hit everyone's house, and flying pigs are gonna have snowball fights inside active volcanoes.

Last I read, the Mayans didn't predict anything terrible would happen on that day. It's just when they stopped moving forward with their calendar. They were several hundred years ahead in their calendar making. They had no reason to push it forward even further.

AlanJohn said:
Erdnaxela said:
No, not 2012, the end of the world was at year 1999!
unsure.gif
Strange, I was 100% sure that it was in 2000....
It was 2001 because there was no "year 0".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER