2 Unknown files on memory card.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by SavageWaffle, Mar 25, 2008.

Mar 25, 2008
  1. SavageWaffle
    OP

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So, my friend doesn't know how to get ROM's for his R4. The past few months, he asked his friends. And im one of his friends. So i opened up Removable Disk(the memory card), I found 2 files. Not a game either. I can't seem to delete it also. The only reason i cared is because he was going with Cylco DS, only because it supported SDHC. So he gave me his 2 GB Memory Card. I have a 1 GB Memory. So anyway, the file, is called

"*?ZR%░m%.Γ
    º"

The way i got the name was selected the "Rename" option and copied and pasted. The "thing" is a type of folder. When i double click it, this comes up: *?ZR%░m%.Γ º is not accessible. The file name, dictionary name, or volume label syntax is incorrect". I don't know what the file contains.

Onto the other file, im not sure what it is. It isn't a folder, its just some white icon. Name of the mysterious file:
    "}*╬o╒ r.æ]á"

Now, i don't really care about this, if its hidden. But the thing is, its 2 MB's. Is this some sort of virus? My virus scanner found nothing. Not sure what it is. Is it safe? I mean is there a chance of it corrupting my files on the 2 GB Memory Card? Oh and its a Sandisk for choses who wonder.

Plus, i googled "How to delete and unmeetable file" and there is this program called "Unlocker". It unlocks locked or private files. After downloading it, i tried it (right click on the file, that want to be deleted) and then choose "UNLOCKER". There are many options, i only wanted it deleted. So i deleted, but no luck. It came out, saying "Success! File Deleted!". No it did not. I scanned the file incase it was just a virus, but it wasn't. I need serious help here!

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The file table is corrupted. Reformat the card.

3. SavageWaffle
    OP

United States
    How do i reformat the card?

4. SavageWaffle
    OP

United States
    I reformatted it(googled) and its still there....

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Start -> Run -> diskmgmt.msc (type it in) -> Ok. Once in the Disk Management window, right click the drive and format it.

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Open Windows Explorer (right-click on "Start" select "Explore") highlight the flashcard in the folder window on the left, right-click on it, select format.

You will then need to put all the flashcart's firmware files (http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm) back on the card, then add the games.