2 gb->format->1 gb-> wtf ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by szendii, May 13, 2009.

1. szendii
    OP

szendii Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2009
    United States
    Just as i got my 2gb sandisk micro sd from gamezway, i formatted it with the panasonic sd formatter, and it somehow cut down 1 gb. How is this possible? How can i fix it ?
    Plz help, i appreciate any kind of help. Peace

2. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    Its a con - you were sold a 1GB stick

It just appeared to be a 2GB, the stick was hacked.

Send it back for a refund

3. GTScelica93

GTScelica93 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2007
    United States
    I had the same problem with a couple cards that I bought from Newegg. I put the cards into on of my digital cameras an formatted it that way without a problem. Afterwards, other formatting methods worked fine.

4. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Its the way you formatted the card. Search google and find out how to format a card using the command prompt. Format it to FAT32.

5. MrDillDough

MrDillDough GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    I heard that formatting a card can decrease the amount of data space on your flashcard; and this is why you shouldn't always format them. Then again, it could all be lies. I'm not definitely sure, but you may of been sold a make Micro SD cartridge.

Happened to my friend. He bought a card labeled 8 GB. turned out to be something like 8 gigabits. rofl ;P

6. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice