Hacking 1st Wii Modchip

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
has anyone gotten the website of www.wiinja.com to come up? no luck here. Also i though earlier someone had posted what dvd media has been tested to be working but i can not find it. Also any idea on official resellers?I have gotten the site to load after many reloads, not any info there though. Check this thread for DVD media compatability.
Can this work along with freeloader so that I can play region free?
Probably, if and when a Wii freeloader has been made. The current working GC freeloaders should work with this too for GC games.

openchip

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nds.truedram.org
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well all it is is a 12c508 IC. Not really a chip at all but an IC.
Lol, an IC is a chip.
And it could be an ATtiny11 or any other programmable chip that comes in an 8 pin DIP housing.
correct, there are plenty of flash MCU's in DIP8 package available.

This chip is most likely accessing some debug interface and those is able to 'poke' any code into the memorie(s) at any place. Strange it is only connected with 3 wires, the place where it goes does show 4 test pads close to each other, what could be normal JTAG interface. Sure if the chip only writes to JTAG it can leave the 4th pad disconnected (less soldering). If it is so, then it should take only a few minutes to clone this chip as it cant use any tricks to hide the jtag communication. Sure it may be some other type of debug interface too. Still cloning the clone is usually way simpler as doing the initial thing.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
well I'll wait for a review on gbatemp by someone reliable
smile.gif

besides no need to get all crazy about it, not supporting other regions is pretty shitty...
smile.gif

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...shitty? Is it done by PAL and NTSC?
If so, I see nothing wrong with that...
If worst comes to worst just buy another Wii from the JewSA (they're cheap enough...)

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Strange it is only connected with 3 wires, the place where it goes does show 4 test pads close to each other, what could be normal JTAG interface. Sure if the chip only writes to JTAG it can leave the 4th pad disconnected (less soldering). If it is so, then it should take only a few minutes to clone this chip as it cant use any tricks to hide the jtag communication. Sure it may be some other type of debug interface too.

According to the free info from the Wii DVD Drive Linux Tool the "serial port" layout is:

QUOTELook for the following pattern near IC3001:
- 1 -
2 3 4
- 5 6

3 is SBO1 (Output)
4 is SBT1 (CLK)
6 is SBI1 (Input)

The picture of the Wiinja connections is upside-down, their pin 7 = pin 4 and pin 5 = pin 3.
Pins 1 and 8 are GND and PWR.

grozio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
how it is possibile to put the realese into a normal dvd-r? in internet the realeses have a size superior to a normal dvd-r size...how?there is some special tool?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any gamebits (screwdrivers) that work on Wii? I'm in the market for one.
I think you only need the triwing screwdriver for the Wii and not the reverse torx looking "gamebit" driver.
I have both and they are usually pretty easy to find on eBay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Luke use some force!